Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Gutter Guard in Melbourne

Page 1 of 1
An elderly relative has been quoted $9000 to supply and fit gutter guard to a strata unit in Melbourne. Total gutter length approx. 65m. Does this seem right?
No.

Without even seeing the property, I can say absolutely that it is beyond ridiculous.
Thanks, thought as much
Depending on the gutter size, the Fielders Watergate zinc mesh is worth looking at. It is $50 in Bunnings (garden section) for a pack of 5 x 2 metre lengths.
The old girl is a bit beyond DIY but from what I'm gathering cost should be $100/lineal metre installed absolute tops. The clown that quoted $9k included a $2k "discount" as well so his cost was more like $170/m before his "discount". Preying on pensioners seems to be a bit of a game with some tradies
All too common unfortunately.

Could she talk to a handyman about the suitability of the product for her gutters?
We've arranged for 3 written quotes.
Hi Althom - just curious, how did the 3 quotes go??
Got a top job done for $4750
Related
20/06/2023
Gutter cleaning tools for concrete tiled roof.

General Discussion

No, I even have sections of narrowness where the tiles won't slide up any further. When I manage some spare time, I might play around with the first DIY part of my…

16/02/2024
Fixing gutter capacity issue around patio

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

This is a very challenging situation, made much harder by not being on site. Firstly, I think that I originally…

24/02/2024
Surfmist tiled roof - unsure about gutter colour

General Discussion

Thank you so much. We ended going with the terrain that’s part of our brick.

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum