Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Urgent Help with Paint Colours!

Page 1 of 1
My first post, albeit it being about paint! Forgive me.

Selecting a paint colour is quite the opposite of exciting - it's quite tedious, confusing and annoying! So I need your help..

Our property is one of those inner-west homes, north-facing, narrow hallway, 2-3 bedrooms, long in nature.

Please let me know if I'm on the right track:
-Areas with a lot of sunlight, to be painted a cooler white.
-Side skirts to be more white than the walls (for contrast) and ceilings a different shade of white.
-Rooms not well-lit are to have a warmer white

I'm going with Dulux, so any recommendations (colours, brands) would be great.

Regarding the external paint for render, I think I want to settle for a light grey / beige colour. Any ideas / combination of colours? I was thinking a light-grey with white window frames. Also, I like that European beige/standstone look too but not sure how it will look on our home.

Also, are you to select a colour 3 or 4 shades darker than what you select because the sunlight will make it lighter? Smaller houses prefer lighter colours?

Thanks!
Perhaps you can PM Michelle, a colour consultant on the forum. She is pretty good with this stuff. I think she also has her own thread where she answers questions like these. Try searching for colour advice. Good luck!

Dani_J
Perhaps you can PM Michelle, a colour consultant on the forum. She is pretty good with this stuff. I think she also has her own thread where she answers questions like these. Try searching for colour advice. Good luck!

Thanks Dani.

Found her and have posted in her existing thread. Appreciate it!
FD51
Dani_J

Thanks Dani.

Found her and have posted in her existing thread. Appreciate it!

No worries. Let me know how you go. Struggling with choosing exterior paint colours myself so no doubt will be doing the same shortly!

I like these colours too.

FD51
I like these colours too.

Nice. I like a dark roof with a light exterior as well, just cooler in colour, greys and whites instead of beige/creams. Depends what look you are going for I guess. I'm leaning towards a more coastal look

Hi! I suggest the firs photo. You can't go wrong with earth colours.

Cheers!
buildX
There is another thread here about the colour 'Hogs Bristle' and it seems to work on exterior. Not quite modern and not quite old fashioned. I know it sounds awful but the colour really works. Hope this helps.
Hello! Every person provided best views but if you still have any doubt then you can take advice from experts working in any organizations. I would like to suggest take advice from "All Surface Respray" company because they resprayed my kitchen cabinet a few months back and did a fabulous job.
Related
28/01/2024
Need urgent help regarding facade colour combination please

Building A New House

Thank you @. Tried to play with the facade models but the exact colour is not matching up.

19/07/2023
URGENT·····Garage Boundary Wall Water Proofing Issue

Building A New House

thanks Chippy, i hope they have applied sealer but i am doubt to be honest, so i am gonna do this job after handover.

21/10/2023
anyone build on zero lot line more than 11 meters? Urgent.

Building A New House

I am building in claymore NSW and this is shown in the building envelope plan. …

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum