Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Help adding a garage

Page 1 of 1
Guys, I am trying to add a garage along the boundary , basically at the end of the driveway. Anyway I have determined that along the boundary my neighbour has an asset / sewer pipe.
So i call yvw . Anyway the person at yvw basically says the following:
The pipe is 300mm diameter concrete.
It's 4m deep and runs the length of the boundary
And you cannot build a building within 1m of the boundary.

Has anyone encounted this before and have built beyond their restriction, what was involved, who got involved an engineer for example, what was the cost.?

It just won't make any sense to build a garage 1m in .

Ps we currently have an old garage about 10cm from the boundary made from tin with the face bordered by brick
?
In our last when we brought the garage was built in the 1m zone and part of the permit was it was at our risk/expense if it ever needed to be dug up for works. This was in vic.
thanks,

doesn't sound too good I guess.. I have a feeling our current tin garage was built without any permits..

I wonder if it will help if we use light weight material...
Building on a sewer easement? Not a good idea.
Can you just update the current garage to suit?
look it may be the go to just update the current garage.. its not actually on the easement.. its my neighbours easement.. but the rules state 1m from boundary...
Related
27/07/2023
Adding a toilet/wash room to small house

General Discussion

Hey, I am wanting to add a second toilet to my house, bit we have limited room. There is a hallway/entry that is never used, so was thinking this could be an option. Only…

2/07/2023
Cracks Where a Wall Meets the Ceiling in garage

General Discussion

It sounds like you have a crack in your garage where the wall meets the ceiling, along the shadow line on the…

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum