Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

4m extension out back

Page 1 of 1
Hi all

Here are my plans I drew up the last few days. Existing house to the left. Narrow 10.5m block. Deep at 55m. Plenty of space to go back, although we dont need any more rooms... just want to fix our laundry and extend to allow a huge table that we can seat 10 people... creating a hallway and removing the BIR to allow the laundry room to be wider.

before and after below. thinking about adding a separate toilet. We have a 6 year old daughter and it suits us fine, it will be our retirement house as we are in a nice area and dont want to move unless anything untowards happen. A separate toilet would add value, but we love the idea of a bigger laundry. More storage space.

Any ideas helpful!

The front of the house is 3m ceilings... back is 3m at edges... going into a gabled roof with exposed beams. About 3.5m full height in the back room(top edge of top bedroom)

going for a flat roof at 3m high for the main extension at the back.

Timber floors so it should look good when its all done.

Front of house below - almost finished our carport and driveway and will post when finished

Weezer fan?

digging up an old post here but did you go any further with your plans? I like what you had in mind with closing off the laundry but see that there wouldn't be anywhere for the cavity sliding door to tuck away completely when opened. did you go for a double with a centre opening? interested to see your progress...
apologies for I just saw your other thread with exterior pics. any internal shots yet?
Hey! Yes massive weezer fan, sorry for the delay!

No work on the laundry as yet, but I think we are going to go with the one that is in the attached image. Father in law will help with that one - 2 partition walls with no load bearing so pretty simple... lucky to have him around really....

yes noticed the sliding door once I designed it, will need to change to 770mm normal door - the rest of the doors are 770mm so will match the house fine. Excited!

The splashback window in laundry in between bottom of cupboards - top of benchtop should look great
wow... didn't even notice that window. that's massive! will the wall you intend to put up butt up against it somehow?
This would be the side elevation looking at the outside wall from inside the bathroom...

I get it now. I couldn't see the plan clearly since I'm on a mobile.

3mt ceilings... I'm jealous.
Ah cool, yes it makes a difference as its such a small house... looking forward to getting final plans for the renovation
Related
5/08/2023
What is the minimum side/back setbacks for small lots?

Building A New House

My land is 260m2 (10m x 26m) located in claymore NSW. Under campbelltown council. I know in general the following setbacks would apply ground floor side setback =…

1/01/2024
Back-flow Prevention Valve ?

Building A New House

Good luck with it. I don't know what the cost of a nice bidet seat with a 25mm air gap will be but you are obviously deducting the cost of a RPZ valve and its…

27/03/2024
Vertical Garden Kitchen splash back design

General Discussion

Our Bondi Greenwall was impressive from day one with advanced lush plants to provide a wow factor to this recently renovated living area. The boundary was less than 1…

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum