Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Paint eaves and gutters yourself!

Page 1 of 1
Found this great product at the paint store on the weekend!! We've been painting the outside of our house and I am really hating pulling the ladder around, especially on uneven ground. I found this product called a Painting Buddy on the counter at the paint shop on the weekend. You put your brush in it, and then twist it on to the end of the extension pole, just like you would a roller. We were able to paint all of our fascias on the weekend without having to drag a ladder around the house. I couldn't believe how easy it was!! My dad used to tape his paint bush to the end of a pole, but it was never very successful - it would just fall all over the place. This was perfect! Next weekend we're tackling the gutters!
it still uses a pole?
you wouldnt happen to be the patent owner doing some advertising here, would you?

http://www.paintingbuddy.com.au/
That would be a pain in the A... have to pull the bush down to apply paint .. nothing but paint dripping from above, down the pole and aching arms IMO.
having very recently painted our entire gutters, fascias and eaves I'd can attest that no matter how well a paintbrush is held on the end of a pole, results are far more accurate and faster from a ladder or scaffold.

Ever tried to cut in with a paintbrush on a 3m long stick? Don't

This product would be good for touch-ups though, and probably needs to be marketed as such.
Related
30/06/2023
The 'Do's' to Doing it Yourself

Renovation + Home Improvement

The DIY project can be broken into two major steps. Planning and Design and Construction. Both of these steps are as important as one another to ensure you give…

22/12/2023
Clarendon Eaves and Guttering Issue

General Discussion

The two 15mm holes are obviously not compliant. The Dept of Fair Trading would love to see this one! Do the gutters pool water after it stops raining? Although it's…

7/07/2023
Mounting wireless camera under eaves

General Discussion

Update from me! Couldn't find the trimmer - not sure if there isn't one simply because the eave is so narrow. Went ahead with the spring toggles and it all worked out…

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum