Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

HELP! Regretting my choice of roof and gutter colours.....

Page 1 of 1
We recently had the roof restored and chose Manor Red for the roof colour as we have horrible red/yellow bricks and also didn't want to go with the typical slate/grey/blues all new homes and renos seem to be using.

Anyway, I still think the colour goes with the bricks, but we painted the gutters ourselves at the weekend and I chose black (as I'd seen it done elsewhere) but I don't think it works well on my house

I'm planning on putting big, black, glossy, plant pots and black wall lights at the front of the garage pillars which may help tie in with the black gutter. But am also considering repainting the gutters a different colour? Perhaps a grey...

Any advice?

I'm stuck with what to do with the gables also. At first I was thinking a black trellis, but have been told that is dated. How about black horizontal slats? Or now even thinking kwila wood horizontal slates for the gable but what could I tie this with? A new door?

Sorry, so many questions. This is my first post so be easy on me please

Here are some images, fingers crossed this works.....[img][IMG]http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac87/michanglais/IMG_3367_zps174a1577.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac87/michanglais/IMG_3366_zps29be426b.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][IMG]http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac87/michanglais/IMG_3365_zps1b7d39e0.jpg[/img][/img]
All looks pretty good to me!

Paint your gables whatever the colour is of your garage doors?? CB Dune??

Keep it simple......

Thanks for your reply

I love your idea about painting the gables the same as the garage! Not sure what colour the garage doors are, but we're planning on painting those, so will make sure they match the gable and are a neutral colour which compliment manor red.

I would love to hear other opinions, even if they are critical....
The roof looks great and you can see that it matches the cream/light yellow colour. That's what I would be using or else you could tie it in with the windows.

Look for a program where you can change the colours on your computer.
Concur with Michelle's advice on painting the gable same as garage. But I don't like the black gutters. I'd go with a light colour, perhaps the cream? of the windows and downpipes.
Related
20/06/2023
Gutter cleaning tools for concrete tiled roof.

General Discussion

No, I even have sections of narrowness where the tiles won't slide up any further. When I manage some spare time, I might play around with the first DIY part of my…

24/02/2024
Surfmist tiled roof - unsure about gutter colour

General Discussion

Thank you so much. We ended going with the terrain that’s part of our brick.

31/01/2024
Assistance with Exterior Roof and Brick Colours

Building A New House

Hi all, I am currently building through Simmonds and stuck deciding on my exterior cement roof titles and brick colours. The front and fascade of the house is a pretty…

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum