Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Our home renovation/ideas

Page 1 of 1
Hi there, we bought our home last October and have been doing various things to it since then. Replaced some timber floorboards, sanded and polished, painted, new external doors, new carpet in bedrooms... It's been fun.

We are looking at getting some window canopies for the front section. Eventually we will remove the Oak Tree in the left corner of the house, and repave the driveway with red bricks, fix the front garden and build a pitched heritage carport with tiles to replace the existing tin renovation. This will also include a little porch at the front door. We'll also run the weatherboards around in the little alcove, and render the top section.

What do you people think about window canopies?

About to start repainting the exterior, Dulux Ecru for the walls and dulux horizon blue for the exterior windows and trim... its a blue colour similar to the front security door that we had replaced.

Would love any ideas

Hi guys, just wondering if this is the right section to post this in... Would love some ideas
Thanks for sharing the pics. It is really looking lovely!

If you mean window canopies like this:

Then I LOVE them. We have one on our house.
Yes I love them too, thanks. I think it will really add something to the house.. Thanks for the advice, thought no body would respond :-_)
Just put the boards on the front of the house over the Easter Weekend. Just need to paint now!

And also stripped and painted the north facing windows.

Wow I love your windows! I want ones like that but I don't think that will happen.

The boards are looking great. Are you just painting the two colours on the exterior?
Thanks! They came with the original house, you can get new ones for about $600 from a woodwork supplier. But then a bit extra to fit them with labour... Your windows look good according to your blog. Nice house indeed!

We are going with this colour below. This is just the first coat, doing the second coat when I get around to it. Have to do the whole house. Painting the stucco is the hardest part, but using a 100mm for the weatherboards and it doesn't take long at all. I repainted this whole section in about 1 hour.

Eventually we'll put a small porch, and a pitched roof carport which will make the front look so much better. No idea whey they put the carport right up to the house to begin with! And masonite on the front panelling? So strange!

Here are some more pics... Amazing difference with the new paint colours to the sides of the house. Would love feedback.

Looks fabulous! Love that colour with the blue windows
Love the interior, but not a fan of the colour of the blue window frames.

It just doesn't match IMO.

I would have much preferred a grey or much more neutral colour.

It's a little darker in real life, and I took this right as the paint was drying so it was brighter. But we like it. Best thing is we can always change it down the track!

We wanted something difference from all the neutral colours. If we ever sold we would probably do a neutral colour for sure.
Some more photos...

Looking at a grey for the spare room/study....

I like the grey. But what colour is that carpet? Looks brownish. Not sure it matches the grey.
That's the hard part, getting the grey to match the carpet. It's like a light coffee colour...

Here is also another photo of it with the lights on

hmm yep still not sure about it. I think I like the warmer sample in the middle. You need a browney-grey!
Warmer sample has some purple in it, Dulux Moxa... The bottom one is Dulux Accord and the top one Milton Moon. It's so hard to get a photo that accuratly represents it. The carpet is so much lighter in person!
Spent the weekend putting down 3 cubic metres of tuscan rocks, along with planting some seed in the front lawn and putting some pavers down. I'm now off for a wine and time to relax!

Amazing to look at the before shots when we first inspected. Creepers climbing on the house. Think it's come up pretty well. Eventually the whole driveway will be ripped up, pitched roof carport put in along with a formal garden bed and brick pavers.

Hi guys,I am building my kitchen ,need some ideas.i have overhead cupboards white with glass in it.an island bench with white colour while the lower cupboards are brown colour.now I have already bought copper colour round pendant lights ..so I am just wandering which colour splashback will be suitable ..would it be good if I go with red splashback or not if other please tell me then..
Related
16/10/2023
Newbie to Home renovation: DIY?

Renovation + Home Improvement

a building inspector should be able to tell you about any major problems but we need a floor plan with dimensions to clarify options for extra bedrooms ... sometime an…

9/04/2024
Gas abolishment home renovation

Owner Builder Forum

We are about to partially demo our house to begin a major renovation… by partial it almost may as well be a new build (keeping front for heritage) This will require the…

29/06/2023
Renovation/Extension at Auchenflower, Brisbane.

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hello Josh, This is Irving from PRIMA, we are a manufacturer of the staircase, railings, kitchen cabinets, windows, doors from China. If you have requirement to purchase…

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum