Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Who should sand plastering works?

Page 1 of 1
I have just had new AC installed.

The job required patching to be done on the walls.

The quote included '...complete all plastering works and provide finish ready for painting..'.

The plastering is done but will still need to be sanded (at least) before it can be painted. Am I right in thinking this is not a 'finish ready for painting' and they need to come back and finish the job?

Regards
IMHO, finished ready for painting means sanded. The painters should be able to start by putting the undercoat on. They've give it a light sand and a look over, but this is just "a little extra" to get the job just right.
Related
14/03/2024
Contract Works Insurance - Why your builder should have it

Building A New House

Hi All, I just wanted to close this topic out with an update. So we ended up agreeing to a number with the insurance company, and after an extensive amount of hand…

19/08/2023
Solid plastering around door frames - help... so confused :(

General Discussion

If this is a custom build then I would expect the builder to set out the door frame closer to the wall to avoid the gap between architrave and the wall and or specify…

17/06/2023
Right sand to use?

Paving & Concreting

I'm putting a new floor in my kitchen, slate flagging on a standard concrete slab. I have allowed for a bed thickness of up to 20mm to accommodate the different…

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum