Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Patching Holes in EPS foam walls

Page 1 of 1
I was going to mount a water hose reel on my 100mm EPS polystyrene (silly I know). Unfortunately it couldn't handle the weight and the reel popped off. Now I am left with 4 holes that I need to patch.

I have leftover render that was used on the walls. Can I fill in those holes with the render? or should I fill it with some kind of gap filler and then apply render?

Appreciate your thoughts and suggestions.
somebol
I was going to mount a water hose reel on my 100mm EPS polystyrene (silly I know). Unfortunately it couldn't handle the weight and the reel popped off. Now I am left with 4 holes that I need to patch.

I have leftover render that was used on the walls. Can I fill in those holes with the render? or should I fill it with some kind of gap filler and then apply render?

Appreciate your thoughts and suggestions.

Oh no!

I would use a can of expandable foam ( there are some that will take render) then cut it back and render over the top
Related
18/04/2024
Does concrete foam filler need to be sealed?

Building A New House

There is nothing in the various codes and standards that puts this requirement on the builder to do. I think that is what you are asking. Don't waste time trying to get…

13/06/2023
Weep holes neighbours

General Discussion

it depends on the natural ground level, if they excavated their boundary wall needed to be built as a retaining wall. If you filled, which sounds like the case then you…

27/07/2023
Weep holes required?

General Discussion

I know foam has been around since the 90's and CSR started manufacturing Hebel in 1989, so it's definitely possible

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum