Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Hollow sounding new Hybrid flooring.

Page 1 of 1
Hi all, newbie here.
We will be pulling tiles up and doing hybrid flooring.
I'm not going to install the new flooring as I'm time poor and back probably not up for it….after I rip the tiles up!
I've walked through many display homes and noticed some “ Hybrid “ floors sound nice and solid, and some sound abit hollow sounding. I like the sound of solid, like when you stamp on a solid tile floor…unlike drummy tiles.
I'm going to the Brisbane home show this weekend.
Any advice here would be appreciated - Thanks 🙂
ShaneG
Hi all, newbie here.
We will be pulling tiles up and doing hybrid flooring.
I'm not going to install the new flooring as I'm time poor and back probably not up for it….after I rip the tiles up!
I've walked through many display homes and noticed some “ Hybrid “ floors sound nice and solid, and some sound abit hollow sounding. I like the sound of solid, like when you stamp on a solid tile floor…unlike drummy tiles.
I'm going to the Brisbane home show this weekend.
Any advice here would be appreciated - Thanks 🙂

ShaneG

We have been doing heaps of hybrid floors lately.

The hollowness is caused by low spots in the slab or subfloor. No slab or particleboard floor is going to be 100% level.

So you have 2 choices, floor leveller or what we do is screed our entire slab to get it as level as possible.

With our particle board floors, we sand all the high spots.

I hope this helps a little

Cheers

Simeon
Related
17/08/2023
Carpet in the bedroom vs Tiles vs Hybrid Flooring

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi Yash, Have you made a decision yet?

16/12/2023
Hybrid Flooring

General Discussion

Hi all, we would like to install hybrid flooring but concerned after reading some negative comments. We have been looking at the Terramater Resiplank Corsica 8.5 in…

2/06/2024
Terra mater - Resiplank Rigid core hybrid flooring

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi SouthiMonk, can I please ask if you have had Terramater Coastal blackbutt hybrid installed in your home, and if so, are you happy with the flooring? I was going to…

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum