Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Sugestion on Kitchen pantry design

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I need sugestion for setting up doors for the bottom cabinets in my kitchen pantry.
Please see the image for your reference.

Current design has L shape doors hinged in the front. which I dont like. I tihnk it needs to be hinged on left and right. Will that be good idea or there is any other sugestion ?

Thanks,

https://www.kaboodle.com.au/products/de ... Soft-Close

you could use something like that
You haven't got the depths of the base cabinets shown but by the look of it they are only about 450 deep. Unfortunately that means any of the pull outs (like spazzen linked to) won't fit as you need standard depth base units.
If you opt for the bi-fold doors as shown in your drawing make sure they use 3 hinges on them as they will weigh heaps and will definitely sag over time.
Unfortunately in kitchens corners are the enemy of good layout and you've got 2 of them. There are other hinging options but you will have to change the base units and divide them up a bit which in turn will waste a bit of space.
What are you planning to store in the space?
Related
12/01/2024
Butlers Pantry Workflow

Kitchen Corner

I visited a relatives house and he went with sink in kitchen and butlers, dishwasher in kitchen and butlers and has crockery spread out between the two areas depending on…

5/05/2024
open shelf pantry

Building A New House

My open shelf pantry will be similar to below image with window. all appliances like rise cooker, dish washer will be in the…

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum