Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

How do i re-render and paint outside wall

Page 1 of 1
Hey everyone
I haven't posted in a few years, but thought I'd ask a question. In our current house some of the outside rendered wall is flaking off. I am thinking of re-rendering that part of the wall, and then repaint the whole wall afterwards.
Question is, how do I best go about re-rendering when there is parts of the old render still there? Is there some tool i need to use to scrape off the old stuff? Do I need to apply some water-sealer before painting or after painting?
There use to be soil in that part of the house, which i think caused this, i have since concreted that area.
Related
22/05/2024
backyard retaining wall and raised garden bed render

General Discussion

thanks chippy! here is the back of the wall which has not been backfilled yet. Here is the same back of the wall taken from the other end, behind the steps. As you…

28/05/2024
Builder asking money outside contract

Building A New House

Yeah sorry man, thats always been my fear during this first time build.. we have literally just hit lockup as-well, so ive been praying for no issues. Our mortgage /…

23/08/2023
Need advise on surfacing render interior wall

General Discussion

I am looking for someone who might have tackled a similar issue as me. I have a few rendered interior walls, the surface condition is hardly flat. I can see all the bumps…

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum