Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Struggling with floor plan

Page 1 of 1
Can anyone help with this high set house design.
Ultimately I want to have a set of stairs somewhere that goes downstairs
The current stairs are not to Australian Standard.
You hit your head as the bearer and joist - support is in place and the old owner was just lazy or got a good deal on a set of stairs and cut a hole in the floor.

Current floor plan

Any ideas of software I can use to do some plans up as I am thinking of moving the stairs into the kitchen area - move from living room - same location

I am going to put a 7x4 m deck off the dining area and have French doors.

Any help I appreciate

Thank you
Camean2021
Can anyone help with this high set house design.
Ultimately I want to have a set of stairs somewhere that goes downstairs
The current stairs are not to Australian Standard.
You hit your head as the bearer and joist - support is in place and the old owner was just lazy or got a good deal on a set of stairs and cut a hole in the floor.

Current floor plan

Any ideas of software I can use to do some plans up as I am thinking of moving the stairs into the kitchen area - move from living room - same location

I am going to put a 7x4 m deck off the dining area and have French doors.

Any help I appreciate

Thank you

the deck and French doors sounds lovely and i'm wondering if you could include the new stairs in the deck instead of having three separate staircases for the house?? my suggestions has two potential locations for stairs but i think you need a skilled carpenter to custom build stairs and rearrange walls based on available run and comfortable headroom

Thank you Oklouise
They look like great locations

Thank you for responding

Can I hire you for drafting work?
Concept floorplans?
Camean2021
Thank you Oklouise
They look like great locations

Thank you for responding

Can I hire you for drafting work?
Concept floorplans?

i'm very happy to offer an opinion and my very basic CAD plans at no cost to help get you started but it's always best to engage a professional for final plans...what else would you like to renovate?
Related
4/09/2023
Wide floor plan volume/semi-custom

Building A New House

Hi, Seeking volume or semi-custom builder in victoria(east), which have existing double story wide floor plans. Seeking 18-20m wide homes with depth of 12-15m long. Or…

7/10/2023
Floor plan feedback

Building A New House

Hi there! Absolutely agree on the wasted space. We have no desire for the master to be that oversized, but it occurred when we increased the depth of the garage. We have…

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum