Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Second Story Addition Sydney

Page 4 of 5
This is amazing! I have been following this thread for a while now and it is great to see that the addition matches so well with the ground floor. Can't really tell that it was an extension!

Was the original house brick veneer or full brick? We are thinking of doing something similar and our one is only Brick Veneer.

Did the builder do any reinforcements on the ground floor to support the second story?
Wow, looks amazing. Love the feature wall.
world2160
This is amazing! I have been following this thread for a while now and it is great to see that the addition matches so well with the ground floor. Can't really tell that it was an extension!

Was the original house brick veneer or full brick? We are thinking of doing something similar and our one is only Brick Veneer.

Did the builder do any reinforcements on the ground floor to support the second story?

Hi, thanks for your comment! Yes we are so happy with how things are progressing, our number one request was that we did not want it to look like an extension, and are so happy with how it has come together.

The original house is brick veneer. They had to cut into a few of the walls and put in some beams, but they have been patched and you would never know.

parrydise
Wow, looks amazing. Love the feature wall.

That looks amazing Rj-mcgray. You must be so happy with it. So I'm assuming that means you are all done by (hopefully) the end of next week! Congratulations!
I wish, but I think it will be a while longer! We still need to get the downstairs floorboards polished, and there is a lot of painting that isn't finished yet. But hopefully by the end of next week we can start moving some of our stuff upstairs!

How are your plans coming along?

Great. We are back in council with our plans, just waiting. Builder will be ready to start in April. I'm hoping council will have it approved by then. It feels like it has been a very long process for us, but worth it, I think to get a house that better suits our block etc in the end.

I didn't think about floors and painting etc. There are so many little things that need to be done at the end aren't there? I'm trying to figure out when I would like to take leave from work to get things organised - I'm thinking definitely that couple of weeks after "completion" will be the best idea.
Yes, it's all the little things at the end that makes it feel so close yet so far! But we are on the home stretch and our builders have been fantastic every step of the way so it's exciting to be getting to the stage where we can start to enjoy it!

Are you in Sydney, and able to PM me the details of your builder?
Well we finally have a start date! We have to now look for a rental, as the reno commences by the end of April. Am not looking forward to moving but our reno is too extensive for us to live in the house. Stay tuned!
RJ_McGray looks like you did some really good work there.
May i ask the name of your builder?
Would you recommend him?
parrydise
Well we finally have a start date! We have to now look for a rental, as the reno commences by the end of April. Am not looking forward to moving but our reno is too extensive for us to live in the house. Stay tuned!

That is so exciting!! Please let us know how it is all going!
It looks incredible! Well done to all involved
Related
28/06/2023
Second story extension on steel frame house

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, We have a single story MacDonald Jones house, on a waffle pod slab with steel frame. Are we able to build a second story extension? Other info is we are 900mm from…

5/02/2024
1st Storey addition vs Lower level excavation

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi there, We’ve recently had plans approved to add a 1st storey addition to our existing house for a growing family in Sydney. With the current cost of building…

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum