Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Our home renovation with a Caesarstone twist!

Page 3 of 3
CaesarstoneAU
sco77k
Form rite also did my benchtops and did an awesome job! They are taking some professional photos of our kitchen tomorrow for their marketing stuff. Will post when I get a copy!

Form-Rite are amazing! The fabrication video I shot with them is almost ready, can't wait to share it!

One more quick update from me before I unveil the finished kitchen, but we had the last piece of the puzzle arrive yesterday - our integrated dishwasher! We chose Bosch as they seem to be the most well-reviewed brand for dishwashers online.

It seems the model I had originally chosen a few weeks ago had been discontinued and replaced with a new model with less features for the same price. Luckily I was able to track down one of the last remaining stock of the model I wanted and had it installed on Tuesday.

As a fully-integrated model, I love the fact that it has a mini-projector at the base of the dishwasher which projects the wash type and time remaining onto the floor.

Wow what a cool feature! Love that - I just purchased an integrated dishwasher and didn't realise thing was a 'thing'. Dammit!
It's such a clever feature which is why I'm very glad we were able to source this particular model, seems they are phasing out this feature on newer models!
Hi CAU, what model is your bosch with the projector timer? Very cool feature!

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=75739&p=1299716#p1299716
Building4my3tots
Hi CAU, what model is your bosch with the projector timer? Very cool feature!

The feature is called TimeLight and the model I have is SMV69T10AU.

Not to be confused with the InfoLight feature which projects a red light onto the floor while the dishwasher is on.
Is this all finished off?
travisaus
Is this all finished off?

Yep! Finally finished the stair nosing, skirting boards, architraves and a new front door last weekend, so aside from a few small jobs here and there we are basically done!

Next step is to finalise the video, get some proper photos and then I can share the finished product!
The latest blog entry for our kitchen install is now live!

The video I put together of our benchtops being fabricated and installed is also ready to watch as well!

Great result. So much work going into the stone.
That dishwasher is seriously cool!
d@n
Great result. So much work going into the stone.

Thanks! Loved watching the process first hand, very interesting and much more thought and detail going on than you would think.

becjarrettdalton
That dishwasher is seriously cool!

I think the dishwasher might actually be the star of the kitchen! It's amazing how many comments we get about it online and from people who visit.
We installed the very last piece of the puzzle over the weekend in the kitchen, our pendant light!

We were torn between a black bar light or concrete pendants but eventually went with the former as we felt it was more unique and gave the space a more high-end feel.

Our only gripe is that it's a littler shorter than we would have preferred but still looks great!

CaesarstoneAU
We installed the very last piece of the puzzle over the weekend in the kitchen, our pendant light!

We were torn between a black bar light or concrete pendants but eventually went with the former as we felt it was more unique and gave the space a more high-end feel.

Our only gripe is that it's a littler shorter than we would have preferred but still looks great!

Looks so good! I don't think it's too short at all
Beautiful kitchen, just wondering how have you found having a mirror splash back? It seems to really set off the space, just wondering about the cleaning?
mrsrusty
Beautiful kitchen, just wondering how have you found having a mirror splash back? It seems to really set off the space, just wondering about the cleaning?

Thank you! I love the mirror splashback and keeping it clean really hasn't been an issue at all. We cook practically every night so it definitely cops a lot of grease and grime but a quick wipe down and it's back to being flawless.

I would even go as far as to say that it's easier to clean than tiles which is what I've always had before this kitchen. I find that you really have to scrub tiles to get them clean, especially the grout - but with the mirror it's just a quick wipe down.
Thanks so much
it really is lovely! Just in early stages of planning but we love the Calcutta Nuvo bench, and have seen some pics as a splash back too which looks good.
CaesarstoneAU

your kitchen is stunning, well done!
Your house looks beautiful....congratulations!

I too recently renovated and went with Caesarstone - Calacatta Nuvo. Love it.
DamNita
Your house looks beautiful....congratulations!

I too recently renovated and went with Caesarstone - Calacatta Nuvo. Love it.

...oh and I too have the Siemens Fully Integrated and love the timer / light feature. Very cool.
Related
16/10/2023
Newbie to Home renovation: DIY?

Renovation + Home Improvement

a building inspector should be able to tell you about any major problems but we need a floor plan with dimensions to clarify options for extra bedrooms ... sometime an…

9/04/2024
Gas abolishment home renovation

Owner Builder Forum

We are about to partially demo our house to begin a major renovation… by partial it almost may as well be a new build (keeping front for heritage) This will require the…

29/06/2023
Renovation/Extension at Auchenflower, Brisbane.

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hello Josh, This is Irving from PRIMA, we are a manufacturer of the staircase, railings, kitchen cabinets, windows, doors from China. If you have requirement to purchase…

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum