Join Login
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement

Biff's Reno - Updated Pics

Page 7 of 7
Biff Costanza
Starz - no magazines yet

Free Will - All our joinery is custom. If you are talking about the actual type of unit (i.e what goes where) then that was all pretty much determined by our architects. They presented an initial design and I went through it with them and 'approved' a the pot drawers, pantry etc. We also discussed finishes and our house has a combination of 2pack, veneer and stone.
In regards to getting the right design and specifications that was pretty easy (and what I payed the architects for) but the quality aspect is a tough one. We were going to use a VERY good joiner initially but he was just too expensive. Having seen his work a few times is was amazing but I couldn't justify the cost so we went with another joiner both my builder and architect had used before (Werribee Joinery) and the quality is excellent, especially the finish of the 2pack - flawless.

Biff

Thanks for the info. Our architects have not gone into that much detail - have floor layouts, high level kitchen layout (pantry, island bench, cooker)windows etc, but they have left us to specify finishes, joinery etc for the tender. That said, we have been pleased with what we have received for the cost - final plans, with elevations, BASIX etc for about $4k based on an hourly rate just south of $200. I'll have a chat to them and see how they can help us with the detailed spec.

Biff Congratulations on what I call a beautifully constructed/renovated home. I love everything about it. Your home is now on top of my fave list on the forum.
Well done!
Related
9/07/2023
Would you do this reno?

Renovation + Home Improvement

Bought in Nov 21 at the height of the market (classic). Good area, atrocious floor plan. BUT has land out to the left-hand side that we can extend out on (see second…

3/12/2023
Neighbours rights to house access during reno

General Discussion

The only thing to add to these comments is that where possible it's always good to try and work with people than just say "no" because you can. Having someone…

23/04/2024
1980s house reno ideas

General Discussion

your new kitchen and living area looks great and we need accurate dimensions to be specific but with the thickness of the brick column you may be able to line the inside…

You are here
Building ForumRenovation + Home Improvement
Home
Pros
Forum