Join Login
Building ForumSafer Living

Question on alarm system

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys,

I have a question in regards to setting off of alarms. I stay in a two storey home with the security alarm system on the first floor. I was able to arm the system at night and go back to the room within timelime and not set off the alarm.

However, if i were to get out of the room and go down stairs to the alarm controller, i would have walked pass secured zone and would have set off the alarm even before i reach the alarm controller.

Is there something I am missing here?
I think the alarm is set up to only work when the occupants are outside of the house.
Most alarms have multiple modes - home mode and away mode. Additionally, each zone can be configured (based upon the mode) to instantly activate the alarm, have a wait condition (so you can disarm the system), or not be activated.

In away mode, all zones except for the zones between the front door (or any other regular entry point) are set to instantly set off the alarm if they are activated. The zones between the panel at the front door are set to wait 30 seconds (or another time interval) so you can disarm the system without triggering the alarm.

In home mode, the bedrooms upstairs may not be activated. You may have a wait condition on the stairwell sensor, but have your house perimeter set to instant alarm (seeing as you know you should be coming down the stairs to disarm the system).

You should speak to your alarm installer, they may be able to reconfigure your system for you
Thanks all, youve been very helpful. Figured that the alarm system was just not configured properly by installer!
Yes, it seems like program zone issues.
Related
13/02/2024
Charged Rainwater System Design

General Discussion

Once you know the basics, the rest is easy. Read my post in the thread linked below. viewtopic.php?p=1919271#p1919271

25/06/2023
Security system and cameras recommendation - Melbourne

Building A New House

It's all about wireless, self install now. The cost/benefit of wired setups for the house are no longer what they used to be. Lots of wireless options. Eufy, Arlo and…

16/04/2024
Help me understand this Hot Water System

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

the sun master is the solar heating to "warm" the water in the tank the S26 is your hot water system which will heat the water (25 degrees?) so with both turned on you…

You are here
Building ForumSafer Living
Home
Pros
Forum