Join Login
Building ForumSafer Living

Patio Bolts and Home Contents Insurance

Page 1 of 1
I've just been reading our home contents insurance policy where it states "all sliding/french doors to have patio bolts"

Well
this surely is not the case in our house. We built 8 years ago and didn't add these patio bolts to either our french doors (1pair) or our sliding doors (3 sets)

We assumed that the hardware on all the doors in question, was modern enough to negate the need for patio bolts, which to me seem so outdated.

Am I wrong ?
Any H1ers installed these additional bolts ? I just can't see myself using these every time I leave the house
There are a lot of patio doors, and sliding windows, that can be easily lifted out even when locked.

Bolts are one solution.

Another is to fix a timber packer over the sliding section. See this link http://anewhouse.com.au/2017/04/sliding ... -security/
Related
3/07/2023
Cause of damp along slab and patio tiles

General Discussion

Firstly the ableflex that has been installed needs (manufactures specification) a sealant cap over the top, preventing water draining down between the slab and the…

8/02/2024
Building a new home , insurance questions

Building A New House

Hi Suku18 In NSW the statutory required insurances are: 1. HBCF ( Home Building Compensation Fund) - This is if the builder dies or goes broke. But this only covers 20%…

8/11/2023
Extending already approved patio

Renovation + Home Improvement

If your patio is going to be 35 sqm then that's going to need Council Approval. The fact that they previously approved your 25sqm patio will be irelevant

You are here
Building ForumSafer Living
Home
Pros
Forum