Join Login
Building ForumSafer Living

Ness Alarm Factory Reset - Please Help!

Page 1 of 1
I was trying to help a friend set up his Ness D8x alarm (with the touch screen keypad) and what we didn't read was that the pin code cannot start with "0". Because although we can program the pin code in, we can't use it to disarm the alarm. Problem now is, we found this out after we armed the alarm and we can't disarm it. I've tried to unplug the battery and switch the thing off and on again but this only brings it back to the armed state.

Is there any factory reset button inside the alarm box? What can I do to fix this up?
Hi,

According to the manual:
Quote:
PROG/TAMP – Program Link & Internal Tamper Input
The PROG/TAMP link appears on the two pin J1 header.
The PROG/TAMP link has two purposes:
1. To enter Installer Program Mode on initial power up.
Power-up with the PROG link OFF. The PROG link (or Box
Tamper lead) must be ON in operating mode.

So, I would try this:

You should now be in installer program mode and able to reset your master user code.

Paul
Thanks very much Paul, I'll try it tomorrow and I'll be sure to let you know if this works.
Worked like a charm! Thanks very much Paul!
Related
15/12/2023
Old historical factory renovation - Damp Proof and Flooring

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi all Am new to this forum. I want to get some ideas/info about how to manage an 80 year old factory restoration to convert to a residence. The factory floor is concrete…

20/09/2023
Does this concrete perimeter raise any concern? Help please!

Paving & Concreting

i had the my concreters concrete right up to the fence. I have pits all along my path, so the water tends to drain away from the house and into the pits. There's only one…

19/11/2023
Help Please? Building, bathroom potential defects & no HBCF

General Discussion

All 3 items listed are defects and are of concern. Please seek qualified independent inspector and/or legal advice for your state.

You are here
Building ForumSafer Living
Home
Pros
Forum