Join Login
Building ForumSafer Living

Secure mesh vs pet mesh

Page 1 of 1
Im getting a screen door for a rear sliding door i had originally thought of getting pet mesh put in it but was thinking of putting secure mesh door in. The cost difference is about $300. I like the idea of having a rear screen door that can be left open for air to flow through the house and also be secure but think i might be being a bit over the top.

Anyone else had to make this decision or has secure mesh on a sliding door frame?
what's pet mesh?

...and what's secure mesh?

I'd be interested to hear responses for this thread too.
I am not sure what pet mesh and secure mesh are either but, yes, we have screen doors on our sliding doors, for exactly the reasons you mention, we love haveing the glass doors open, anyway we have DVA mesh, not sure if that is different mesh again
have enclosed pic.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj187/nurselovescoffee/HPIM1454.jpg
pet mesh as it was explained to me is fly screen that is tougher then normal, secure mesh looks like fly screen but is as strong as a security door but without the grill.
I'm getting secure mesh. My dog would chew / run right through anything else, and yes, it's also useful to leave the main door open and security door locked. Not overkill at all in my opinion
Related
19/10/2023
Cobblestone mesh identification

Landscape & Garden Design

MATE!!! I've checked their website and it's a 90% match at least. I've just called them and sent the pic through to confirm it's the same product. Thank you heaps.

22/12/2023
How to fit mesh fly screen while shutters in place

Windows & Doors

Hello everyone Please advice me how can I install mesh security window or we cab say mesh flyscreen inside while the pvc plantation shutters are already installed? Is…

2/05/2024
CDC TPZ Barrier Mesh

Building A New House

It is so easy to do yourself. Even if you are not very handy. You literally only need a few basic things from bunnings. Honestly even with the most basic skills I know…

You are here
Building ForumSafer Living
Home
Pros
Forum