Join Login
Building ForumSafer Living

CCTV, Security, Intercon - Metricon

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

We are building a home with Metricon and I asked another question on this forum regarding Metricon Home Network Package which costs $1400 for data points insdie the house.

As part of electrical appointment, they offered IP Camera system with 3 cameras for $2500, Video Intercon for $1000 and security alaram system for $1500. All together this costs approx $5000. On top, to get the alarams on the mobile will cost another $800.

So my question is if this is all really worth $6000? Does anyone have expereince with Metricon and what is the best way forward? Should we look into getting the installed later ? I am not sure how the wires for cameras can be installed later, we may end up paying the same most probably.

Any help will be much appreicated.

P.S, this is single story house.

Thank you All!
I'm no expert, but maybe you just request for Cat6 data points (depends how many you need). Rough estimate $120-$150 each. Then buy those camera with siren like Reolink rlc-811a. I think it's less than $200 each.

So you have cctv + alarm all in one. They are smart hub compatible too so you can ask google to display the video on your smarthub if you have them. Only missing will be the video intercom. But you can buy those ring or nest cam that you can put in your door.
babird
I'm no expert, but maybe you just request for Cat6 data points (depends how many you need). Rough estimate $120-$150 each. Then buy those camera with siren like Reolink rlc-811a. I think it's less than $200 each.

So you have cctv + alarm all in one. They are smart hub compatible too so you can ask google to display the video on your smarthub if you have them. Only missing will be the video intercom. But you can buy those ring or nest cam that you can put in your door.

Note that pricing might not be accurate as I'm not building with Metricon.🙂
Related
12/07/2023
Prewiring a House for Data, CCTV, and Future-Proofing

Building A New House

Scientists have used random matrix theory to demonstrate theoretically that the neutrino mass hierarchy can be explained mathematically. When a substance is fragmented…

25/06/2023
Security system and cameras recommendation - Melbourne

Building A New House

It's all about wireless, self install now. The cost/benefit of wired setups for the house are no longer what they used to be. Lots of wireless options. Eufy, Arlo and…

21/10/2023
Rain coming through security door

General Discussion

Hi When it rains in a particular direction water comes through the security door. It hits the main door and the bottom swells and jams. There is already a cover over the…

You are here
Building ForumSafer Living
Home
Pros
Forum