Join Login
Building ForumIncreasing Home Value

20 or 25mm water meter pipe

Page 1 of 1
Hi all what would you recommended a 20 or 25mm diameter water meter to be connected to our LOT we have been advised from our builder to make sure we have water connected to our lot before the build commences but I am not sure what to do the price for a 20mm diameter pipe is $700 and a 25mm is $1000 I am thinking that a 25mm diameter will produce better water pressure please post a reply as to what you think?
Who is doing the installation?

From the street to the meter, or from the meter to the house?

20mm meter is fine for a domestic property.

It the size of the pipes from the meter onwards that can make a difference if there is low pressure in the neighbourhood.
For the sake of $300, put in the 25mm as you'll never complain of too little flow but there may come a day where you regret not putting it in.
Just check the ongoing rates for the difference between the two are.

In the Logan City Council area in Qld, the base meter fee for 25mm is 1.5 times 20mm meter connection.

If you are on mains pressure, you might find running 25mm pipe from the 20mm meter might be helpful... how long is a piece of string I guess.

We're looking at it for our Jimboomba property at the moment, but we don't get full mains pressure, just trickle feed to top up our water tanks if they get too low. We were consider 25mm, but comments from others here show it would be just a waste of money for us in our situation.
Related
27/02/2024
Re-routing hot water copper pipe

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

We have a hot water copper pipe that runs from our hot water unit on one side of our house under a concrete slab to our bathroom and laundry...old house so not ideal. The…

21/02/2024
Meter box placed in Facade

Building A New House

Excellent contribution.

23/07/2023
Fixing cracked stormwater PVC pipe

General Discussion

Plumbers 'can be' plumbers, made all the worse by self certification which the building surveyor invariably accepts as proof of compliance! The good thing is that you know know.

You are here
Building ForumIncreasing Home Value
Home
Pros
Forum