Join Login
Building ForumIncreasing Home Value

What should I do to this room?

Page 1 of 1
What should I do to this room?

Should I turn it into a bedroom? or should I lay timber flooring?

As you can see, at the moment it is just carpet on top of brick sitting in the backyard, the entry is into the laundry.

The roof is made of the same material as the patio.

Any advice will be good..
Quote:
As you can see,.....

Um, No, we cant see anything
how do u paste pics?
perthhandyman
how do u paste pics?

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=28598

I've also used imageshack.us
I think the room as it is is a great idea. Do you need an extra indoor/outdoor dining area? or tv watching area? or kids play room? or reading room? There's a heap of things you could do with that room. But what do you need?
make it a dining room?
Gee it's a lovely room! Does it get really hot? Do you use it a lot and what for at the moment? I like the feel of it, it's light and comfy.
It reminds me of those sunroom / conservatoriums that they have over in the UK. I always think how lovely they must be on a Sunday morning with a coffee and the papers.
hmmm - handy room. I saw them transform one of these to an indoor garden on a tv show once.... potted it all. It looked amazing. They called it a 'breakfast room'.... so I take it tiy read the paper in it??

But if you need another bedroom, that's great idea too!
Aaron & Erin
I think the room as it is is a great idea. Do you need an extra indoor/outdoor dining area? or tv watching area? or kids play room? or reading room? There's a heap of things you could do with that room. But what do you need?

Im thinking of ripping it down and turning it into a room where guests can come over and have a beer and drink etc.

I'm planning to put italian tiles on the floor and verandah posts, with timber walls and glass ceiling.. yes glass.

what do u think?
themax
Gee it's a lovely room! Does it get really hot? Do you use it a lot and what for at the moment? I like the feel of it, it's light and comfy.

there is no enclosed wall so during summer it gets hot

I dont use it much at the moment, I want to turn it into a guest room as what i typed above.. what do u think?
perthhandyman
Aaron & Erin

Im thinking of ripping it down and turning it into a room where guests can come over and have a beer and drink etc.

I'm planning to put italian tiles on the floor and verandah posts, with timber walls and glass ceiling.. yes glass.

what do u think?
Sounds lovely
As long as it's got ventilation and perhaps some air con, otherwise it'll heat up like a greenhouse I'm guessing...
Does it face north? It's a pretty room as it is. How big is it in terms of floor space? Is it big enough to serve a multi purpose? Like guest bedroom and also a sitting/drinking room?
Aaron & Erin
perthhandyman
Aaron & Erin

what do u think?
Sounds lovely
As long as it's got ventilation and perhaps some air con, otherwise it'll heat up like a greenhouse I'm guessing...
Does it face north? It's a pretty room as it is. How big is it in terms of floor space? Is it big enough to serve a multi purpose? Like guest bedroom and also a sitting/drinking room?

Oh thanks for the compliments... well i'm planning to enlarge the space, after i tear it down.

It faces south....

yes a guest sitting/drinking room... is my goal....

i'm not sure how much it's gonna cost me to do it yet. i'm planning to DIY
I think it will be great when it's done and I also think that you will use it all the time. Don't forget to show us the before and after piccies
You should do it, it'll be a great space.
So do you mean to rip it down and build a proper room? You will need council approval, plans and better footings etc. Not quite as simple as DIY unless you are a licensed builder.
nice room! let us know how you go and post pics
Related
28/07/2023
My builder made the wrong height door, what should I do next

Building A New House

i imagine you also have another contract with an architect? and yeah, whatever other's said about special conditions and appendices

8/11/2023
Kitchen Quote - What should be included?

Kitchen Corner

hey there! ๐Ÿ˜Š so, itโ€™s kinda common for standard drawer depths to be around 500mm since most cabinets use this size to fit the usual runners…

9/02/2024
Should a building contract be checked by lawyers?

Building A New House

I've decided, after a period of confusion (my building broker told me it's probably not worth it to use a lawyer, but others have said it is a must) that I definitely will…

You are here
Building ForumIncreasing Home Value
Home
Pros
Forum