Join Login
Building ForumIncreasing Home Value

Wood flooring in kitchen

Page 2 of 2
Saint Mike
mynameisjonas
Not sure of Lino, we had floating floors (Boral sydney blue gum) in our last kitchen and they didnt wear as well. The house we bought (1950s) had a reno in the 1970s and is tas oak hardwood throughout. Just sanded and polished. amazing indeed, very hard wearing indeed. i fear if you drop a knife or cup or glass, maybe the laminate or vinyl will just scratch? I guess it depends how thick the "colour" is. Good luck!

btw, nice jarrah floors belial!

The non-wood wood is good though. It's a much better make now and really look good. You need to go in and see it side by side. It has a few features that are better than actual wood too.

Yeah I've seen it in stores, still don't think it looks as good as natural timber but as a budget option it's still a great choice!
I'm going for wood look ceramic tiles in most of my house. It can go in the bathroom or kitchen with no water worries and with the right coloured grout it looks just like real wood. Doesn't warp or change or need re-finishing.
Inovar flooring all the way

http://www.holisticflooring.com.au/cata ... ochure.pdf
We have Inovar laminate flooring in our house, all the way through including the kitchen - no issues. I've dropped things & spilled liquids quite a lot in the last few months, and there isn't even a scratch or blemish.
Related
7/06/2023
Radiant or Convection Wood Fire

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

We are tossing up between a Jarrahdale radiant wood fire (the Pioneer) and a convection wood fire (Innovator or Countryman) but cannot decide on which type of wood fire is…

16/11/2023
Plaster meets wood - how to fill

Building A New House

yeah i couldnt picture it issue either, but i could clearly picture what they were doing wrong haha

6/07/2023
Hebel Flooring PLUS Insulation or Not?

General Discussion

1000000% definitely add insulation. I have in my home and it makes a big difference minimising sound transfer. Insulation is pretty cheap and definitely worth it

You are here
Building ForumIncreasing Home Value
Home
Pros
Forum