Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

is this owner-builder??

Page 1 of 1
Hi folks
stupid question.
iam thinking of building, but probably getting a builder to build to a 'lockable' state.. then ill hire out my own subbies to do things like electrical, kitchen, flooring, paint etc..
would this be regarded as 'owner-builder?'
thanks in advance.
As I understand it, you would be generally classed as an owner/builder if you building things you need a council permit for.
If you where getting a licenced builder to build your house up to lock up stage, then you took over, then I would think you would not be an owner /builder.
Obviously you would still need licenced trades for plumbing and electrical work etc, to satisfy legal requirements.

I'm sure other forumits here can fill in the gaps I've missed
hi if you get a builder to build get him to do it to live in lockup and you wont have a problem as he is liable for the structure not you.you are able to finish the inside whenever you want.
great - thanks for the clearing that up!
Related
25/04/2024
Owner Builder : Need some help

Owner Builder Forum

Hi VK, Think it's worth investing time in an Owner Builder course to equip you with basic knowledge on Australian Building Industry and its regulations. Also, I suggest…

5/09/2023
QLD Owner Builder Legislation.

General Discussion

Hi all. Anyone know when the $11,000 limit was set in legislation for renovations in QLD? Ive been renovating for 5 years now and this was the limit back then. As we know,…

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum