Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

My experience buying windows in China

Page 1 of 12
I’m working in the building industry as a project manager assistant and we bought all windows for our recent project in China. I’m also an owner builder and know that saving money on windows can make a big difference in the budget. That’s why I share my experience here.

We met the window company representatives at a trade show in Sydney and visited several of their projects in Sydney before we considered working with them.

Beforehand we’ve consulted with major Australian brands and we were impressed by the Chinese knowledge about windows, glass types, wind rating, insulation values and frames. The service and response time was also remarkable compared to Australian window companies.

We started with the window list that we’ve got from the house designer (including basic rules), so the window selection process was pretty smooth. The company has different systems for residential or commercial use and the quality is competitive to Australian products in every price range.

Some facts:
The windows are compliant to AS/NZ Standard.
The range of glass is also satisfying. (single, double, low E…)
They have standard frame colors and produce custom colors as well
We were well in our schedule and I can not complain about anything. (One of the fly screenes was damaged during transport and they send us a new one.)
Shipping was organized by the window company and conducted by a Sydney based importing agent. They were very professional and I've worked with them again. No paper work, no headaches and no extra costs (Only what was communicated upfront.)

Are there any lessons I’ve learnt that improves communications / reduces errors / encourages good working relationship?

It is always important to communicate clear and precise what you want. If you want something out of the ordinary send sample photos of what you want. Ask the window company to do the same to avoid misunderstandings.

This is more a general advise that would apply to Australian companies as well: Don't mix to many window systems and glass types. This creates a possibility of error. And before you order know what windows you want (including current BASIX rules).

The windows we ordered cost half as much compared to the Australian market. Shipping costs around 2000AUD to Sydney including fees. If you import as a private person you have t pay 10% GST . When it comes to the shipping process ask the company to give you a "certificate of origin" because it safes you 5% import duty.

If you want to make the deal extra safe pay via Alibaba trade assurance. It works a bit like PayPal and they would help with complaint management in case there is something to complain. But my general experience with the Chinese company was very good and they helped where ever there is something that can be approved and was promised. We're going to order with them again.

If you want contact information PM me.

What's the total sqm and cost of the windows?

Also did they come with reveals?
JB1

Hi JB1, there was no minimum order quantity. For one of the previous houses we ordered 70m2 (double glazed, LowE, thermally broken aluminum frame, custom frame color) for 180 US$ per m2. This was like a "Ferrari window"
A Sydney based friend ordered the residential system windows and paid 100 $. All windows came with reveals in a container securely packed. (iron pallet and lots of air bags)
I don't know if the prices changed but in February we got this list:

Cheers KateG
Seems like a very good price.

Quality looks good too.

Do you mind PM me the name of the company. Will consider them for future jobs.

KateG
JB1

Hi JB1, there was no minimum order quantity. For one of the previous houses we ordered 70m2 (double glazed, LowE, thermally broken aluminum frame, custom frame color) for 180 US$ per m2. This was like a "Ferrari window"
A Sydney based friend ordered the residential system windows and paid 100 $. All windows came with reveals in a container securely packed. (iron pallet and lots of air bags)

Cheers KateG

Hi KateG,

Could you kindly PM me the window supplier (chiho4060@gmail.com) ? I'm going for OB path for my house as well. Thank heaps.
KateG
JB1

Cheers KateG

Hi Kate what was the company name in china or could you email it to me regards Chris cwestcott007@gmail.com
How about this company name being posted here so we can all see and then research and decide for ourselves?
I would also like the supplier if possible.
The company is Superwu and Superwu, YY construction and Superhouse are all the same company, Steve Williams is there Australian
Agent. the price to get window freighted plus taxes is around $6000 on top of 68 sqm of glass which is around $21356.00 aud it' s a lot cheaper than Australia but i would like to see them installed somewhere before i jump in

Cheers Chrisw
With regards to superhouse I have been emailing them over the last month getting pricing and different products . I also asked if they had done any work around Melbourne recently so I could go and have a look , they gave me an address but not the builder or who they supplied to due to confidentiality issues. Well I turned up to work on that particular site on Friday last week and there must be close to 1000 windows on this job , I liked what I saw quality wise powder coating etc etc . As long as they come in on price then I reckon I will definitely be going with them . Only thing I didn’t see which I really wanted to was big sliding doors as we are going to be having a few on our house but I reckon ( hope ) that they will be a similiar quality to the windows so it should be all good
The other thing I noted was how easy these are to fit with a sill and header system where by you fit these and the windows just drop and lock into it , super easy .
Hi KateG,
Thank you for you awesome post ! We are about to try this out but and have alll the reservation everyone else has. Can you share the details of the guys you used ?

Great tip about the alibaba pay service too.
KateG
I’m working in the building industry as a project manager assistant and we bought all windows for our recent project in China. I’m also an owner builder and know that saving money on windows can make a big difference in the budget. That’s why I share my experience here.

We met the window company representatives at a trade show in Sydney and visited several of their projects in Sydney before we considered working with them.

Beforehand we’ve consulted with major Australian brands and we were impressed by the Chinese knowledge about windows, glass types, wind rating, insulation values and frames. The service and response time was also remarkable compared to Australian window companies.

We started with the window list that we’ve got from the house designer (including basic rules), so the window selection process was pretty smooth. The company has different systems for residential or commercial use and the quality is competitive to Australian products in every price range.

Some facts:
The windows are compliant to AS/NZ Standard.
The range of glass is also satisfying. (single, double, low E…)
They have standard frame colors and produce custom colors as well
We were well in our schedule and I can not complain about anything. (One of the fly screenes was damaged during transport and they send us a new one.)
Shipping was organized by the window company and conducted by a Sydney based importing agent. They were very professional and I've worked with them again. No paper work, no headaches and no extra costs (Only what was communicated upfront.)

Are there any lessons I’ve learnt that improves communications / reduces errors / encourages good working relationship?

It is always important to communicate clear and precise what you want. If you want something out of the ordinary send sample photos of what you want. Ask the window company to do the same to avoid misunderstandings.

This is more a general advise that would apply to Australian companies as well: Don't mix to many window systems and glass types. This creates a possibility of error. And before you order know what windows you want (including current BASIX rules).

The windows we ordered cost half as much compared to the Australian market. Shipping costs around 2000AUD to Sydney including fees. If you import as a private person you have t pay 10% GST . When it comes to the shipping process ask the company to give you a "certificate of origin" because it safes you 5% import duty.

If you want to make the deal extra safe pay via Alibaba trade assurance. It works a bit like PayPal and they would help with complaint management in case there is something to complain. But my general experience with the Chinese company was very good and they helped where ever there is something that can be approved and was promised. We're going to order with them again.

If you want contact information PM me.

Hi Kate, sorry to bother you , any chance you could send some pictures of the windows you fitted from China, very interested in you feedback .
Cheers

noelpchamberlain@gmail.com
I had a quote to do a house and they only offered a commercial grade window. I couldn’t grasp the installation details, as I am building with a timber clad frame and it appears as though these windows are face fit. Would be good to see some install pics
Ardo
I had a quote to do a house and they only offered a commercial grade window. I couldn’t grasp the installation details, as I am building with a timber clad frame and it appears as though these windows are face fit. Would be good to see some install pics

Ardo
Glory
I would look at jolong windows! My next post on my forum post is on windows and they are awesome.
Hi KateG,
Thank you for you awesome post .Can you share the details of the guys you used ?
Thank Gleb.
Hi Kate,

Can you please provide the details of the supplier for Windows from China.

Thank you,
PSP
Hi Kate,

Awesome post, can I have the supplier contact in China please? bmarr003@gmail.com

Thank you very much.

Ben
Hi kate, can u also provide me the supplier contact in china plse, ejg@uenukugroup.com
pukehina707
Hi kate, can u also provide me the supplier contact in china plse, ejg@uenukugroup.com
the China supplier is Superhouse
Related
20/03/2024
Experience with HBCF insurance claim process NSW

Building A New House

I apologise for any confusion, but your understanding is correct. We approached our situation differently based on advice from…

20/05/2024
Any experience with Dwelcom

General Discussion

Hey Mate, I faced the same issue that you are facing. My builder left my house incomplete after going through liquidation. In…

12/05/2024
First Avenue Homes Experience

General Discussion

So it seems like they just take on a lot of projects to get the cashflow for their own builds. COULDN'T AGREE MORE

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum