Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

Cost estimate for electrical work

Page 1 of 1
I'm doing a rough initial budget for my new owner build house. It's 2 bedrooms, large living/dining, timber framed, cathedral ceilings, compact fluro or LED lights everywhere, 5 ceiling fans and about 200sqm floor area including the garage.
Can anyone give me a guesstimate of the cost for electrical work including:
- electrician labour
- cabling
- GPOs
- lights
- ceiling fans
- two smoke alarms
- two bathroom exhaust fans
- anything else I've forgotten (but no trenching is required)
I'm guessing $10k to $15k but thought it wise to get some figures from those of you who have recent experience.
You need to provide more detail, do you have a floor plan, any two way switching required/wanted, how many sockets in the bedrooms do you want, any larger appliances that you want either during build or later (air con larger stoves etc)
property size, is it going to be a property pole/front meter box to switchboard on the house or everything at the house
No aircon but an induction stove requiring some heavy wiring. I won't get too detailed because I don't expect anyone to go to that much trouble to estimate a cost on my behalf.
A very rough guess will be good enough - based on experience of course. I figure if half a dozen people say they paid between $x and $y then that is good enough for me.
There's a lot of variables on what you would get quoted but if you just want a very rough guess.
I would say you would be looking at somewhere in the $8k-$12k for power that's estimated based off -
5x fans
10-15x lights
20-25 Socket Outlets
2x smoke
2x exhaust fans and 1x IXL

with a swtichboard consisting of -
20m Mains Run
2 power circuits @ 50m
2 lighting circuits @ 50m
1 HWS @ 20m
1 Oven/Stove @ 20m

That's with a slight buffer on not knowing construction method or floor plan to see socket outlet placements/lighting layout, Phone and data would be on top still

Experience is I'm a sparky and that would be the ballpark that I would be quoting
Thanks BooY. That's exactly what I'm after and a rough guess is good enough.
Like I said, I don't expect people to spend their valuable time in reviewing lots of details just so I can get accuracy.
Related
20/07/2023
Electrical

General Discussion

Must be labour only. One of those how long is a piece of wire questions.

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum