Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

Question for Owner Builders? Do you have engineer's report?

Page 1 of 1
Hi fellow OBs,

Just wondering if you guys have an engineer come out to your site for certain stages of the build who then provides an engineer's report? Is it important if you plan to sell the house later on? Not that we have plans to sell. We do have one, has been to the site once before for the foundation stage and recently before the roof installation. There will be a few more times that we need to get him out to the site. Yep, it costs money everytime. $250 the first time, $600 for the most recent visit.

At the end of your build you will be required to submit a signed Statement of Compliance - Schedule 19A to your council before you can get a certificate of occupancy.

Hopefully your engineer is authorise to sign this Schedule 19 after he has carried out all his inspections at various stages of your build.
Beetaloo
At the end of your build you will be required to submit a signed Statement of Compliance - Schedule 19A to your council before you can get a certificate of occupancy.

Hopefully your engineer is authorise to sign this Schedule 19 after he has carried out all his inspections at various stages of your build.

Thanks Beetaloo! Will have that checked out. How's your build going? Waiting for more photos of the decorating bit.

I think I was mistaken, it doesn't say Engineer on the person's details, more like a building surveying degree. Anyway, below is the screenshot of the last stage which says about them providing compliance certificates and signing 83AB. I looked up this on the internet and it says something about Schedule 19A. Does Schedule 19A fall under this 83AB Statements for Council?

We didn't have an idea about this actually. I think this was initiated by our concreter who knew that this has to be done/started. We were out of the country when our slab was poured and since this is a standard thing our concreter does for the council, he had to do it before the pour.

Yes. It does. As fr as I know Schedule 19A is within 83AB (Statement of Compliance)
Related
17/01/2024
Liaison between owner builder and engineer

Building A New House

The engineering is the engineering. It's irrelevant how much material you have. Unless it fits the requirements of your design the engineer can't "make"it work. You might…

18/05/2024
structural engineer for load bearing walls / columns

Renovation + Home Improvement

just ask a carpenter/ builder, if they are unsure they will get the engineer to advise.

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum