Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

Issues with EZYhomes kit home

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys, I wanted to pass on our experience of being an Ezyhomes customer. Admin I am aware of the defamation rules..I spoke to our lawyer and (among other things) she said "the defence for a defamation suit is the truth".... Tell no lie.. There is no suit.
We have had problems from the start. My main concern is that others may fall into the same trap we have so I feel the need to pass on what has happened to us..
There have been a litany of supply problems.. Not enough bolts for this.. not enough screws for that.. wrong fastener for the other....ETC ETC.... Constant........ There were design faults... one major one was the misplacement of the wind beam which I'm sure looked good on a computer screen but wasn't actually possible in reality... We now have a horrible 100X100 steel beam covered with a hastily designed flashing across the side of the house.. Good luck fitting an awning..... The windows showed up.. Matt black... we ordered gloss white!... We accepted a $3k discount on them to take the wrong colour.... Now they don't want to pay it.. When we went to fit them... They didn't fit.!!.
All these supply problems meant that we had to either source locally or delay the build... We were always told.. "just buy it locally and we'll reimburse you"... Well that's all good until you give them the bill..... They offered less than 75% of the amount owed...
When waterproofing the bathroom I spoke to the flooring manufacturer.. turns out the termite resistant flooring we paid extra for ..wasn't termite resistant!..... They denied responsibility saying it was their suppliers fault and they wouldn't help us.. In law this is not the case.. They were the retailer.. It is their problem...The removal of the floor would mean a complete rebuild of the house.... From the frame up..... Or pay extra for termite inspections for the next 30yrs....... So it's off to court we go...

Folks.... Learn from our experience..........Don't buy a kit from the likes of Ezyhomes... You are paying for nothing...You end up doing all the working out anyway!! We thought, "we don't know what we were doing so make it easy and get someone who does to send us the materials.".. It doesn't work that way!!!! It turns out that Stratco built the frame which we had little problems with.. have a draughtsman draw up your plans.. hand them to Stratco to make it and cut out the middle man... It will save you $$$$$$$ and a whole heap of problems...
Feel free to contact me for more info on anything I have stated above...
Regards
Ken
Thanks for the warning kenallen.
Good luck with the court case and I hope you get your money refunded.
Thanks for posting. Shocking attitude from a company, clearly do not want accept any responsibility and clearly dont want repeat business. It is suicide.

These issues have come up from time to time with certain kit home builders, and that sector clearly is one to be careful of. I suspect we really dont get to hear how much of this goes on, as a lot of owner builders sign on here, then stop posting after two weeks.

How much deposit did they ask for?
Related
11/07/2023
Any issues?

Building A New House

I am looking at building a house. Has anyone used Construkt Homes (based in Adelaide)? Does anyone have experience with this builder?

27/07/2023
Slab design - contract issues

Building A New House

It looks your builder was trying his luck

3/10/2023
Issues with building contracts

General Discussion

Industry type domestic contracts are prepared by industry bodies for the benefit of the builders. This means that if you are the owner watch out. One of the points is…

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum