Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

Cost of working drawings, etc in QLD

Page 1 of 1
I'm doing some sketches for a new and simple 150sqm 3 bed 2 bath house, plus 80sqm decks, on piers, on a sloping block and have started a large spread sheet to get a rough estimate on costs.
I will probably owner build in QLD and hopefully with SIPs (structural insulated panels) if I ever get a response from potential suppliers and designers that is !
Can anyone give me a guess for how much I should budget for:
(1) a designer to create a "proper" design using my Autocad generated floor plan, site plan and elevations sketches
(2) working drawings
(3) other documentation ready to submit to a QLD council for approval.

Any suggestions for a cost template I could use to ensure I don't miss anything?
We've completed this stage in our owner building project. Our house is larger and is rammed earth but general pricing will most likely be similar.

As a basic breakdown

I hope that helps, not all costs would be required for all approvals.

Example: The hydraulic design and permeability reports where required for the install of a HSTP as my site has no sewage
The slope Stability report was more than a standard soil report (quoted $850) because of the slope our site had.

Surveyor report was more as we required a tree report as well becuase of a nature overlay on my block.

I didn't have to pay for owner builder course as i'm a Instrument Electrical Dual trade which is on the QBCC exempt list so only had to pay for the licensing fee.

I needed a BAL report becuase of the fire risk in the area.

Plumbing and drainage fees were based on a base fee + how many fixings (for logan anyway)
Thanks Booy that is helpful.
I read your other thread on your build - congratulations. Looks like you have everything under control.
Related
29/08/2023
Landscape construction drawings and process

Landscape & Garden Design

Thanks very much! And would the landscaper/contractor generally involve the engineer or is that something the client would do? Thanks for your help

7/03/2024
Structural Drawings

Building A New House

Peter In NSW your Certifier will have a copy, and the Certifier works for you not the builder. They are your representative so just contact them and ask for a…

23/03/2024
Fridge Freezer not working after trying to run on Generator

Kitchen Appliances

I had a similar issue with my fridge not too long ago. It wasn't the same model, but the symptoms were pretty much the same: the compressor would start and then stop…

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum