Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

Welcome to the Owner Builder Forum

Page 1 of 1
Dear Members,

This forum is now open for current and potential owner builders Australia wide.

You may have questions regarding the responsibilities or risks of an owner builder, the rules and restrictions pertaining to your own state / territory, or you may simply be looking into the process of attaining an owner builder permit / license.

Whichever stage you're at, good luck with your owner build venture.

Cheers,

Jason
Hello guys.

i am a newbie to the forum and also my 1st attempt as an owner builder.

Glad that i took the plunge. Had the slab down 24 hrs ago
after the long waiting period re council approval. yipee!!!

Welcome!

Im jealous you have a slab
Perhaps you should start your very own thread?
Hey guys, im also new to the website and wouldnt have a clue where to start to become my own builder.

My broker told me that I would need like 40% of the quoted price to build the house before I can become my own builder... so im really confused. All help appreciated

Im from Melbourne, bought a block in Craigieburn which is 656 sqm and currently getting my plans drawn up, wanting to build a double storey house which is roughly 38sq-40sq
There's a few threads to do with obtaining finances, have a look through the forum and they might help you
Welcome newcomers,you will get lots of help and information from H1members.
goodluck with your build
Just curious if theres a website that can calculate an estimation for building house sizes? whats it roughly estimation to build a 38-40sq house?
Hi there. Does anyone know if I can take over a building project in NSW as an owner builder when the foundations have already been completed by a licensed builder who had home warranty insurance. The work has been certified by a private certifier and insurance is in place for the entire house. Obviously we would have to reduce the existing policy to cover only the work done by the builder but Fair Trading (very unhelpful) advise that once the project has started and is under the builders policy there is no way I can take over as an owner builder. Seems crazy? Mandy
I hoped this thread was current. Please can someone contribute tips to OBs just starting out??
Owner Building in 2019.

Will be releasing some news over the coming months of some tools, tips, advice for becoming an owner builder. Believe that "ANYONE" can become an owner builder and save a lot of money and time if they had the right advice-it is all out there-and a lot for free.
When you can save 20% plus on a home build and more on a renovation-it is worth the effort. (be warned-you can lose that much if going off half cocked to)
Treeseachanger
I hoped this thread was current. Please can someone contribute tips to OBs just starting out??

start collecting second hand materials as soon as you can, and do all the work you legally can ,and you can build a nice 3-4 bed home for $75 -$100k easy cheaper if you really shop around for second hand materials.
Related
15/02/2024
Welcome to 2024 - Gyprocking prices have increased 40%!

Building A New House

Tradie may sit at home but will need to get house plastered as well or will you sit it out?

25/04/2024
Owner Builder : Need some help

Owner Builder Forum

Hi VK, Think it's worth investing time in an Owner Builder course to equip you with basic knowledge on Australian Building Industry and its regulations. Also, I suggest…

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum