Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

Framing/Carpenter Costs

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

We've just this week submitted a DA for some rennovations to our house. There will be a few stages, but phase 1 is to gut the middle floor (of our 3-section split-level home) and re-fit it out with a master bedroom, WIR, ensuite, laundry, and master bathroom. Its a pretty small 3-bedroom house (only the master bedroom on the middle floor) and the total area is only 40 sq.m. Demolition will be done by us.

I had hoped that the costs would be (very roughly)
* bathroom = $15K (5 sq.m)
* ensuite = $15K (4 sq.m)
* bedroom & WIR = $15K (20 sq.m)
* laundry (3 sq.m) $5K.
= total $50K

Our first quote that came back however came back at over $75K excluding materials (eg. excluding tiles, bath, shower, toilet, etc..) so it would be over $100K fitted out. The thing that amazed me the most was that the skeleton (ie. framing + gyprocking + waterproofing + doors + architraves + cornice) was quoted to be at least $35K.

Does anyone have a feel as to what should be reasonable for framing (and getting to the stage of ready for painting and carpet) an average room in Sydney? I just find it difficult that the skeleton alone would be around the $9K per room figure.

Cheers.
our house has come in at around $620 a sq mtr fully finished but this is doing all the work ourselves you should be able to project manage it for around $1200-$1500 sq mtr it really does depend on what fittings you choose obviously pure wool carpet is more expensive then a cheaper acrylic but if your prepared to do some work yourselves and search for bargains then you can bring the price down good luck
Our house is 345sqm (37squares) and cost for materials and labour for framing (subfloor, frames and roof) came in at $38,485.23.
Related
10/11/2023
Slab to framing

General Discussion

STEFF62 Framing should be fine, but he will only be able to nail the baseplates in, I wouldnt think you can dynabolt them after 24 hours. My question is, how is he…

2/01/2024
Framing question

General Discussion

You have not employed legitimate carpenters that is with oath

14/01/2024
Framing on floor joists

Renovation + Home Improvement

Houses have been framed on floor joists since settlement, chipboard flooring is only around for 50 years or so, so why would it not be satisfactory? However exercise skill…

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum