Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

OB Pool

Page 1 of 1
Has anybody got experience OB there pool? Any advice on what the process is and what to look out for would be terrific. I am not sure if this topic has been covered before.

Thanks
We're about to OB our pool - have just ordered the shell.

To be honest the Pool Shell manufacturer was not very keen to be providing the shell to an OBer - especially considering we are having the in-floor cleaning as part of the shell. We do however have a wonderful friend who owns a pool maintenance business who is going to assist with the install and do all the plumbing for us. Not only that but he just finished building his own pool with an in-floor cleaning system as well so he's had recent experience.

I would recommend though that you make sure that the pool is listed as part of your building permit (we're in Vic, not sure where you are and if rules elsewhere are different) as I belive that is a requirement and with the new OB rules of not being able to apply for a building permit within the 5 years (I think) then if you don't include it then you may not be able to get your approval. You will also need your building inspector to inspect the concrete 'apron' around the pool before going any further, so bear that in mind.

Anyway all the best and I'll keep you posted on how it goes!

Mel
Related
17/06/2023
Modular above ground pool over Private Sewer line

General Discussion

Hi everyone, Looking for some advise. We are about to build an above ground pool in our backyard. There is a private sewer line running under the pool at 1.6m…

13/08/2023
In-ground pool lining

Pools & Spas

Hi, I'm new to this forum so I hope I'm doing this post correctly. Please advise if it's not. I've just bought my place. The inground pool has a marble lining that has…

25/01/2024
Plants for Pool in Melbourne

Landscape & Garden Design

Murraya could be a great option for you. It creates a great tall screening hedge but doesn't drop fruit like lily pilly. The flowers smell divine.

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum