Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

Flooring costs.

Page 1 of 1
I am just wondering a round a bout cost per m2 for the flooring. (not floor coverings) We just want the most basic possible for a raised floor. Does anyone have any ideas & can anyone tell me what to use?
serialstyler
I am just wondering a round a bout cost per m2 for the flooring. (not floor coverings) We just want the most basic possible for a raised floor. Does anyone have any ideas & can anyone tell me what to use?

Do you mean the timber floor under the floor covering? If so yellow and red tongue are about $45 per sheet.

JB
serialstyler

hi are you talking about platform flooring which you will cover later on with carpet and tiles. if so you can get yellow tongue for $35.00 per sheet the sheets come in 900x3600 so around $10.00 per sqr mtr.
if you wanted to put in a fitted floor later then you can get some recycled boards relatively cheap. its all about what you plan to do with the flooring.
keep in mind yellow tongue dosnt last long outside so if you havnt got your cladding on then best to do a fitted floor later.
Thanks for all your replies. You are both correct in terms of what I was talking about. Shelley, you talk about the yellow tounge not being good outdoors. Is it ok to put on raised footing, not cement?
serialstyler
Thanks for all your replies. You are both correct in terms of what I was talking about. Shelley, you talk about the yellow tounge not being good outdoors. Is it ok to put on raised footing, not cement?

on stumps bearers joists system yes this is what you would use before you put your frame up. its gaurenteed for 3 mths but if you havnt got your roof and cladding done by then it tends to warp and puff up if it gets wet so make sure you are ready. you can sand down any soft areas but easier to get it all up in 3 mths.
So is yellow tounge only a temporary flooring while building? If so what do you use as a permanent floor? Like under floating flooring?
serialstyler
So is yellow tounge only a temporary flooring while building? If so what do you use as a permanent floor? Like under floating flooring?

Yellow/red/blue tongue is a permanent floor.

JB
You lay whatever your finished flooring choice is over the top (carpet, tiles, timber etc) after suitable preparation.
Related
18/06/2023
Facade pillar tiling costs and recommendations in sydney

Building A New House

Looking to tile the facade pillars rather than rendering. Builder is quoting 2500$ laying cost for upto 10msq. The 2 pillars come to be 16msq. So laying costs are 5000$…

15/09/2023
Sydney - Inner Suburbs - Boutique Builder Costs

Building A New House

Hi Simeon, PM'ed you the other day. Still waiting >

2/10/2023
Landscaping Options and Costs

Building A New House

Ha all, I am now about half way (maybe a bit more) through my build with Carlisle Homes - double-storey knockdown/rebuild project. So I am now doing my due diligence and…

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum