Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

Amending the Owner Builder Permit (for value and scope)

Page 1 of 1
Has anyone amended a QBCC Owner Builder Permit before? I have downloaded the form but am quite concerned that there will be a rejection or something as we pretty much complete now. Is this generally a standard thing or are there real risks of failing to get an amendment and therefore jeopardise our approval?

The reason I didn't amend earlier is that I have been in touch with the certifier the whole way (they also have copy of OB permit) and it was seeming smooth. Now he says we need a whole new DA (the works were originally meant to be part of another DA we have) which requires more paperwork processes.

My concern now is that costs have blown out quite a bit from original planning with the OB up from 35K to 100K. This was largely due to ground conditions (i.e. footings) and a change in scope to change a "deck" to a basketball slab.

The certifier has proven to be very hard to work/talk with, changing his requirements as we go. I now feel however as the build has happened that I don't have an option to switch certifiers.
Related
6/12/2023
Anyone got owner builder permit to build a duplex in NSW ?

Owner Builder Forum

If so what were the "special circumstances" under which it was granted? "Note: If the development consent is for 'dual occupancy' an owner-builder permit can only be…

15/01/2024
Project builder - value for money

General Discussion

As a tradesmen get a private inspector although I don't think there worth it in their profession themselves the reminder they serve to the tradesmen doing the work is…

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum