Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

New home build - gutters first or cladding first

Page 1 of 1
Hi there, we're currently in the process of building our home and can't seem to find an answer on this one - does the roof tiles go on, then gutters and downpipes, then cladding? Or is it roof tiles, cladding, then gutters and downpipes?
You should have a certified cross section details, eg, std, parapet, Gable, etc?
The underneath layer is always the first to go on, then start at the bottom ( each storey) and work up
Fascia-> Gutter ->Sarking->Valley gutters->Roof Tiles-> Ridge, Hip, Capping Tiles-> Other top Flashings
Wall Cladding -> Downpipes...
BTW, make sure the layer sequencing is correct you don't want leaks , repairs mean above layers all come off...
Cheers
Chris
Thanks for that!

The only cross section I see is the cladding one.

But I will work accordingly:
Fascia-> Gutter ->Sarking->Valley gutters->Roof Tiles-> Ridge, Hip, Capping Tiles-> Other top Flashings
Wall Cladding -> Downpipes...
imnurlina
..... can't seem to find an answer on this one -

Hey @imnurlins
Reach out to the experts on this forum,
A word or warning internet searches will link you to uncertified Russian generic Stock Photos, Details and possibly Scammers. here
Russian generic stock images on Bim home building details
OT Insta, FB are worse.
Cheers
Chris
Related
16/06/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Sadly no movement on site since soak wells went in. There are also missing/wrong storm water drains which need to be sorted, along with a broken pipe. Plumbing has been…

4/10/2023
DIY External facade stone cladding

General Discussion

Re my second point – yes exactly. And often it may take additional time if the manufacturer recommends no more than X meters…

6/10/2023
Bick tiles on cement sheet - exterior wall cladding

General Discussion

Hi, Currently building, we are on a sloping block so we have from floor level to the roof in axon cladding. Below floor level to the ground I want to put brick facings /…

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum