Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

OB in SA

Page 49 of 52
I have uploaded a video of our new Whispair Rangehood - Rome 90 while in action. I couldn't find a lot of online reviews on this rangehood so I thought I will upload one. I would like to have seen more actual videos before buying it myself as it is not cheap. I thought it will help anyone else who is thinking to get one. Initial thoughts are we are very happy with it, it is sooo quiet and it seems to do extraction of smoke very well (note that it is only running on Level 1). Of course, I have not used it extensively yet but will provide an update on extraction of smell once I have and have done heavy and smelly cooking.

Our rangehood's model is Rome 90 - X5R09S5.EP Pro External Remote Fan Solution - 1140m3/hr
Please see a bit more details on the video description.
P.S. When this video is played on the phone it seems loud but nothing like that in person. It’s really quiet. Also, few photos of the rangehood below.

After much thought, I have agreed to build the pantry and linen cupboards ourselves instead of having them customised. We only got a few things from Bunnings yesterday to start off as we wanna see first how it will look like before getting more stuff. I don’t want the shelves to be too deep as I don’t want to reach behind for stuff but you wanna have a bit of space behind for a stock of similar things so maybe we can chop and change. What we have got are 350 shelves on the photo but I think that’s the biggest we would go for a couple so we can put bigger stuff. Most of the shelves will be either 250 or 300. We’ll see. Also, for now, I am happy to get more curtains from Reject shop or Cheap as Chips. Use that instead of borrowing more money from the bank for it. We will change it with what we really want when we have saved up for it. The two big ticket items still remaining are the reverse cycle and the decking (cos we are looking to get Trex which is not cheap at all). We wrestled with the idea of getting cheaper decking but at the end of the day, we decided we’d rather spend a bit more so it’s maintenance free and hopefully should last a long long time and still looks good. Well Hombre is convinced cos he saw it laid at The Parade, Norwood where they have a branch. It looks better according to him when it’s weathered.

Pantry right now. That’s a freezer at the end.

AKB
All looking beautiful. I bet you can't wait to cook in your kitchen!

Haha. True! Though we could only afford a couple of induction cookware.
That will do for now.

Marshall5858, hope all is good with the fam bam and the house.
@Searching4 knowledge, you must be close to starting your build. I bet you can’t wait to get your hands dirty.

twylamc
@Marshall5858, hope all is good with the fam bam and the house.
@Searching4 knowledge, you must be close to starting your build. I bet you can’t wait to get your hands dirty.

All good here thanks, still loving our home
and loving watching all your new additions to your place, I love that your sink isn’t in the island

That’s awesome Marshall5858! It seems like only yesterday when you were building.
Have got no choice but to do things little by little or we would owe a fortune which we are trying to avoid if we can. We love our “desert” island too. Nothing in the way.

We added a powerpoint in between the sink and the cooktop for our chip cooker and any electric cooker that we need to use so it’s near the rangehood. Hombre just needs to buy some grout so he can finish it off

Kitchen update
Our island bench pendant up now.

That is one smart kitchen pendant. Me like very much! In fact I am having general kitchen-envy.
(Argghhh... fridge magnets already appearing
lol)
waxinggibbous
That is one smart kitchen pendant. Me like very much! In fact I am having general kitchen-envy.
lol)

Cheers WG. Actually we have decided no fridge magnets. Haha. That one is only temporary. You should see my little box of fridge magnets but they won’t make an appearance.

twylamc
waxinggibbous
lol)

Cheers WG. Actually we have decided no fridge magnets. Haha. That one is only temporary. You should see my little box of fridge magnets but they won’t make an appearance.

I said the same about magnets and kids artwork... it didn’t last long

I would display the artworks as well Marshall5858.

You could always buy a reusable frame and put the children's artwork in that and keep the fridge clear? I've seen very young children's artworks framed and they look great!
Spamming cos I ❤️ our pendant light. Even more beautiful in person.
So simple and clean. The black ties in with our black accents in the kitchen and the wood ties in with our dining set.

With the downlights on

I’ve cleared the fridge of any magnet WG

Just a few pictures. Our linen cupboard done by Hombre. We will do next our pantry but will look more refined than this.

Our towel rack in the main bathroom. I love it.

Bathroom looks very Lux, well done.
bradster181
Bathroom looks very Lux, well done.

Thank you bradster.

We put hooks in our ensuite for towels instead of having towel rail. Also put the same hooks near the shower area in both ensuite and bathroom to put the towels on when having a shower.

Our hand towel ring in the ensuite

Our garage door finally installed! We just chose the colour to be the same as our windows so it blends in. We want our front door and later on the decking to be the ones that stand out.

Hombre can now put silicone around the skirtings in the garage now that we have our door on. We will probably just leave the floor as it is instead of painting it with something. Therefore we won’t worry about paint chipping. Love the finished concrete anyway. Just needs to be cleaned up/scrubbed. Lol! We weren’t able to seal it when it went down.

For those with keen eyes, yep, we are yet to put quad on some of the eaves to finish it off. We have painted them but just haven’t gotten around to putting them up.

For a little bit extra, we had this weather seal put on around the sides and top. Well worth having!

Our mate who installed our garage door left us an extra piece of the weather seal which we can use for the other shed/garage doors.

Looks great, having the windows in the garage is a nice touch too.
You could try using a densifier/penetrating sealant, makes the surface harder and more water/oil resistant, and reduces dusting. Even if you chip or scratch the floor, because it has penetrated the pores and because it's a clear product you wouldn't see the chips. And because it isn't a coating per se, it won't wear off.
Related
You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum