Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

OB in SA

Page 47 of 52
Our undertile heating finally on!!!!
Loving being barefoot on tiles.

Our hand towel holder from JamieJ Manhattan range is on. I love that the design is well-thought-out. It's out on an angle so that towel doesn't touch the surface which matters if not on tiles. Doesn't restrict us where to put it.

Our little lights have been fitted in the 3-way bathroom.

Toilet roll holder from JamieJ as well - Manhattan range

Hombre has some more paint touch ups to do.

Our undertile heating thermostat has blue background in the ensuite but white in the main bathroom.

Warning: Foot in photo.

Feeling the difference between our heated bathroom tiles and non-heated living tiles. I might sleep on the bathroom floor tonight.

Our door stopper from The Reject Shop.

We have two for front door and from the garage door entry as the wind blows them shut.

Cute doorstop

I spent most of my childhood in London and Orangina was my favorite drink!! My Grandad would always treat me to a bottle when we visited, none of my friends liked it because of the, ‘bits’

Marshall5858
Cute doorstop

I spent most of my childhood in London and Orangina was my favorite drink!! My Grandad would always treat me to a bottle when we visited, none of my friends liked it because of the, ‘bits’

We didn't realise this drink is available in London too. We couldn't find it in the shops that we went to. Hombre & I loved it though I didn't drink as much as him. He was shocking!

twylamc
Marshall5858
Cute doorstop

We didn't realise this drink is available in London too. We couldn't find it in the shops that we went to. Hombre & I loved it though I didn't drink as much as him. He was shocking!

Yeah it definitely lost popularity and became harder and harder to find, I bought some in Waitrose when I saw it but it wasn’t in the nice glass bottle anymore

I think we've found our entry pendant light (we'd have two) and it's very schmick.

Hombre won't let me get near gold taps but this new catalogue from JamieJ is divine.

I don't know what this style in our powder room as part of our 3-way bathroom is called
, I just know it's different but it makes me smile when I go in there.

Main bathroom. Finally, no cables dangling. Such a difference.

Ensuite.

Looks awesome! Love the underfloor heating, if we ever build again we'd like to do the whole house with it

Bigblock7
Looks awesome! Love the underfloor heating, if we ever build again we'd like to do the whole house with it

Cheers BB! I love the undertile heating. Hombre still thinks it is a w&@k, just not a colossal w&@k.
But I love it! You can set it when you want it to come on and off and for how long both in the mornings and afternoons. You can set it the same all week or just the weekdays and set something different during weekends.
Just a bit of a treat I guess. No more freezing a** during winter while in the bathroom.

Bought a few things today. Had to put the money that we got from the rebate for our solar hot water system to something. Lol!
Whispair Rome 90 X5R09S5.EP external motor 1140 m3/hr (delivery is around Oct. 19th). Promo is on for 20% off so happy with that!

Our entry pendant light, we'd have 2.

Our kitchen island pendant (the longer one)

Both will arrive around the end of October. None in SA and yet to arrive in the Melbourne warehouse. Bit of a wait but happy that we have got these items out of the way finally.
And on sale as well so bonus!

Hombre surprised me last Friday night when I got back from Adelaide by getting curtains from Reject shop so we can have privacy and moving our bed into our bedroom in the house. Super bare haha. But loving it! We still have shower in the shed as we are yet to install the glass for the showers and won't be cooking in the new kitchen until the rangehood is installed. The plan is to have a king bed in the future so the light switches are measured based on that bed size.

We put 3 lights up in the roof so when something needs to be done up there (like rangehood and hopefully soon our ducted heating/cooling) it's easier. Hombre to fix up some insulation that has moved once we are done with ducting stuff, nbn, tv, etc.

twylamc
We put 3 lights up in the roof so when something needs to be done up there (like rangehood and hopefully soon our ducted heating/cooling) it's easier. Hombre to fix up some insulation that has moved once we are done with ducting stuff, nbn, tv, etc.

Really good idea, another one to put on the list

All looking lovely - I especially love love love the dining room setting
AKB

Thanks AKB! How's your rangehood that has outside motor? Does it work? We will have the Whispair brand. I am excited about it haha.

twylamc
AKB

Thanks AKB! How's your rangehood that has outside motor? Does it work? We will have the Whispair brand. I am excited about it haha.

It's amazing so quiet
We have got NBN connected so we moved my work desk from Hombre's parents' bar to our
. I would like it to be a wall to wall bench/desk, book case on one side and a nice couch that can be turned into a bed if need be.

For now, this desk that we got for $60 from the op shop will do. Will change the rug as well later.

The other two bedrooms. Still bare as. We will have wardrobes to the ceiling, bedheads, fans (also in the office), curtains, artwork, etc.
This back bedroom we might incorporate a study nook. Will change all the door stops later on.

Back bedroom. We will try to create a nice zen garden as a view for the back bedroom.

Front bedroom

Front bedroom has a nice view of the water.
Will have the posts painted. Hombre wants them painted same as the roof, I was thinking black. We will paint one each and see which one we like. None of the table and other stuff will be in the way. Can't wait to have the decking!

View from the master's bedroom is not bad either.

Related
You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum