Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

OB in SA

Page 32 of 52
Our sparky did some more work yesterday in our house up Yorke while we are down here in Adelaide. Our kitchen and laundry cabinetry will be installed on Wednesday. And hopefully the bench tops the following Saturday. Cue the happy dance!

Our little toy showing the wall out by 20mm.

I also bought a laser level (not Aldi), it's been good for working out the floor height of the new build by using the floor height from the existing floor. I love my DeWalt gear, you tend to go with one brand because of battery exchange and liking it generally. Your idea of lending each other's gear... a novel idea to be sure 😏

Searching4 knowledge
I also bought a laser level (not Aldi), it's been good for working out the floor height of the new build by using the floor height from the existing floor. I love my DeWalt gear, you tend to go with one brand because of battery exchange and liking it generally. Your idea of lending each other's gear... a novel idea to be sure 😏

Ah yep, that's what Hombre said before. He bought a couple more Milwaukee batteries for if one runs out. Haha, about lending each other's gear. I thought they are family so it should not matter. But it is for convenience as well I guess, you have it for when you need it. Clearly, I don't know anything about men and their toys. We have got like heaps of eskys of different sizes and also radios around the place. I said no more buying of either. The radio, when he works while listening to footy or cricket for example so he can hear the scores when he walks from the shed to the house. Haha.

the tool thing! Tiling is hard work! I got sore just watching tiler for one minute. Worth it - LOVE love my tile floors. Kiss the tiler I say
Cabinet installation is a massive milestone - yay

haha just noticed your avatar

Are you overseas again TC? Just wondering cos of the time that you posted.

Haha! Hombre is in the wrong game doing tiling. You get more for open plan which he does from time to time as a private job but not anymore as a day to day thing, the toll on the body is not worth it in the long run. Especially if you would want to have a kid and be able to kick a footy with them. I pick on his work and he says he won't work for me if I am a client. Or he would do it but have the money upfront.

Our kitchen and laundry cabinetry are being installed as we speak. Cannot wait! Fingers crossed our benchtops get installed this weekend.

TomCat
haha just noticed your avatar

Haha! I love that photo.

Laundry cabinetry in! ❤️

Kitchen spam ❤️❤️❤️

Wow, it's really coming along and really looking wonderful, love all the little details and thought that you've put into everything

Cheers Marshall! So happy. Cannot wait to totally finish these rooms ie with splashback, tops, our appliances on.

Wow very nice cabinetry and well thought out....

Will you have a bottom support for pull out bins? like a rail at the bottom as well?

(nice bike as well)
RegVic

Will you have a bottom support for pull out bins? like a rail at the bottom as well?

(nice bike as well)

Cheers Reg! I think that's about it for the bins. They're top mounted.

Haha! That's Hombre's bike. Nowhere else to put for the meantime.

twylamc
RegVic

(nice bike as well)

Cheers Reg! I think that's about it for the bins. They're top mounted.

Haha! That's Hombre's bike. Nowhere else to put for the meantime.

I will check mine.. just thinking if the bins are heavy it might bend the runners or damage the cabinetry (opinion from a novice
)
RegVic
I will check mine.. just thinking if the bins are heavy it might bend the runners or damage the cabinetry (opinion from a novice
)

Yep, please let me know what's yours like.
All of our drawers' runners are Hettich arcitech. But the bin, laundry basket and the laundry tray drawers' runners are different.

Love our drawers! Runners are called Hettich Arcitech.

RegVic

Ah yeah, yours have thicker thingy around the bins. Are they Blum?

Love love the oil iq. I was worried that the bottles will tumble over but there's a non-slip and it's perfect.

Related
You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum