Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

OB in SA

Page 28 of 52
RegVic
Looks nice Twy.. Exciting times ahead

Cheers Reg! Exciting times for a lot of us! Yours is nearly finished. So make sure you put up lots of photos.

Started waterproofing by yours truly. Horrible stuff the waterproof, soo sticky. It was tiring. Lol! Not pretty but hopefully the ensuite will look better. And the tape membrane is fiddly. We have siliconed all gaps before putting on the waterproof. ie door and window edges, around taps and niche.

Main bathroom (bath/shower) walls done. Floor still to be done. Hombre still yet to do the puddle flanges.

Did one coat on the kitchen. Will still do a final coat

k
Our initial laundry and kitchen drawings. ❤️❤️❤️Still need some tweaking ie we won't have waterfall on the island bench. Definitely we sacrificed on bench space in the laundry but I don't think I will be folding in there.

Our bathroom accessories. They match our taps and showerhead which are white and chrome.

I'm getting house envy haha, your place is going to look so stunning!! I love all your choices

Marshall5858
I'm getting house envy haha, your place is going to look so stunning!! I love all your choices

Thank you. We're very happy. But we can't wait to be up to the stage where you are at. Your place is looking awesome!

Edited kitchen drawings:
Waterfall removed from the island bench. We changed the 2 drawers underneath the tower oven to single drawer. The thin drawer between the sink and cook top is our mini-pantry where we will put our oil, salt, pepper and other stuff that you always use for cooking so we don't need to get them in and out of the walk-in pantry. We will have a spice insert in one of the drawers and also 2 x15L bins under the sink. Not shown on the drawings but we will have 2 power points on the island, one on each end.

Looks Brilliant I love the oil mini pantry
We were gonna match the colours in the kitchen except that we're flipping the colours but we changed our minds. We will have this piece of granite called steel grey. It will tie in with our floor tile. The cabinetry will still be white and we will have white subway tiles in brickbond for the splashback.

Love that, great choice

AKB
Looks Brilliant I love the oil mini pantry

Your kitchen must be next soon now that flooring is done. Can't wait to see that!

Marshall5858
Love that, great choice

Bonus that our stone guy has an off-cut ****** around so hopefully won't cost us much.

Love the granite and great idea on the mini pantry

Waterproofing continues in our place. Hoping to get the inspector out sometime next week so Hombre can start with the tiling.

Tap sleeve and corner tape.

Deck webbing which we will put in both the entire ensuite and main bathroom floors. Overkill but happy to do it in our house.

Coming along nicely Twy
Waterproofing ✔️✔️✔️
2 more inspections left!!!! I love that.

For the meantime, we can now start with tiling on the weekend. Our sparky is also coming up tomorrow to start fitting lights/switches/power points.

Heaps of final waterproofing pics cos I am feeling happy! Lol! Never thought I'd be this excited over waterproofing. I guess cos it means we can keep moving forward.

Laundry

3-way bathroom

Ensuite

Kitchen

Kitchen temporarily put on hold as Hombre and I are head butting about bin drawer. He insists to have the bins underneath the sink (floor mounted only due to pipes and stuff under but attached to door) so as not make it a dead space especially we have double sinks. I insist on a separate bin drawer. Let the under the sink have all the pipes, filter, tap weight, soaps etc.When he talks to me I get convinced but I have slept on it for a few days and I always come back to wanting a bin drawer. Hombre says I am being a brat. Lol! I do compromise but this one I am not giving up on. Tune in to see who wins.

twylamc
Kitchen temporarily put on hold as Hombre and I are head butting about bin drawer. He insists to have the bins underneath the sink (floor mounted only due to pipes and stuff under but attached to door) so as not make it a dead space especially we have double sinks. I insist on a separate bin drawer. Let the under the sink have all the pipes, filter, tap weight, soaps etc.When he talks to me I get convinced but I have slept on it for a few days and I always come back to wanting a bin drawer. Hombre says I am being a brat. Lol! I do compromise but this one I am not giving up on. Tune in to see who wins.

Two bins
win-win

and use the under sink bin to store cleaning stuff ...
Haha! I intend to get my dedicated bin drawer Reg.

P.S. Hombre's lines to me (we still laugh before we start to get into serious arguments)
"How you bin?"
"What's bin happening?"

Looks like a lot of hard work has gone into that waterproofing, great work

Related
You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum