Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

OB Project - "New vs Old" - Nedlands, WA

Page 27 of 30
The last couple of weeks have been slow as I've tried to spend more time with the kids..... but from tomorrow it's going to be go go go as we are aiming to finish landscaping in 6 weeks. That might sound like a lot of time but when you can only work at it a couple of days a week things drag on.

The good news is that my pizza oven is getting delivered on Tuesday and I'm super excited. I love cooking with natural wood so I'm looking forward to many outdoor dinners.

Meanwhile here are some progress pictures of the outdoor kitchen area and adjacent garden beds.

Oh I forgot to mention that the front of the house restoration is under way with tuckpointing and painters working this week....
I take some before and afters.....

Have had a busy few days in the backyard. I've been polishing and sealing the concrete features.

My storeroom and single garage have had their floors honed and walls painted. I can't wait to setup a small workshop.
Store entry doors

Arrival of our pizza oven!!

Restoration of the original house is well underway. I've had a lot of trouble choosing the correct colour for the exterior. We have decided on Dulux retreat at 75%.

That should look lovely - I see you've got some special earthmoving equipment in there helping you with the landscaping
It's been a while and unfortunately all I have to show for it is lots of mess. But within the mess we have been working very hard. Just nothing to show for it. Yet.

Today was one of the busiest days onsite. We had four painters, concretors, paving guy, steel fabricators and multiple deliveries.

We are going to get the landscaping back on schedule a aim for completion by end of August.

Our from steelwork started to get installed today. More tomorrow.

Looking from neighbours side.

My outdoor concrete kitchenette got poured today. To my shock the concreter decided that he didn't need the vibrator and forgot to bring it. He didn't tell me this until it was too late. Fingers crossed.
I'm very concerned.

Meanwhile I quickly knocked up a fire pit out of the excess concrete.

These steps are going to be made of grass and are retained by Corten steel. It will rust within the next few months. I can't wait.

Very busy day. Now rest before my night shift!

Looking good
Oh wow! Wouldn't expect anything less from you- but holy moly that front fence is to die for

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
Progress with lower level paving. Thought I'd share this pattern. It will allow me to plant either grass seedlings or another suitable plant within the gaps. I really really like it.

Wow! I love it! Are you doing the paving yourself?

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
kasra nedlands
Today was one of the busiest days onsite. We had four painters, concretors, paving guy, steel fabricators and multiple deliveries.

We are going to get the landscaping back on schedule a aim for completion by end of August.

Our from steelwork started to get installed today. More tomorrow.

Looking from neighbours side.

My outdoor concrete kitchenette got poured today. To my shock the concreter decided that he didn't need the vibrator and forgot to bring it. He didn't tell me this until it was too late. Fingers crossed.
I'm very concerned.

Meanwhile I quickly knocked up a fire pit out of the excess concrete.

These steps are going to be made of grass and are retained by Corten steel. It will rust within the next few months. I can't wait.

Very busy day. Now rest before my night shift!

Love your project! Would you mind sharing your steel gate supplier's details and how much it cost for the design?

Hi Sinbox. The front vertical steel vehicle gates and side vertical slate were done by modern wrought iron. I gave them the design. The hexagonal gate was from edgework. I drew it up and gave it to them so there was no design costs. Each section is priced roughly at $1000.

The other sections installed today

The rear is taking shape...... you can finally start to make out what's going on. We spent all day moving fire wood....

Original house restoration is 95% complete. Just the front entrance patio needs to the tiled over with stone.

Looks fantastic

The final push!!!!
Landscaping really gathering pace and I'm spending any minute I have outside. Also getting the help of 2-3 very good helpers. It's costing me me but we just need it all finished.
Today we had our first plant delivery. It was mainly made up of ornamental pears of different varieties depending on the location. We purchased most of them as 200L pots so rather advanced.

Here is our snow pear in our front court yard.

Our back yard snow pear:

Our 5 Chanticleer pears which are more upright.

Also I'm almost finished off with the reticulation so we will have grass in less than a week!! I can't wait!!

Love them

Magnificent!!

oooh!
More tree! For planting tomorrow when the weather is better.
Combination of ornamental pears and plums.
These are aristocrat pears.

And my plums

Related
22/06/2023
7 Steps - For a successful building project

Renovation + Home Improvement

Following these simple steps will help you mitigate unwanted costs, have your expectations met and give…

15/01/2024
Project builder - value for money

General Discussion

As a tradesmen get a private inspector although I don't think there worth it in their profession themselves the reminder they serve to the tradesmen doing the work is…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum