Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

OB in SA

Page 25 of 52
Used the beacon app light to have an idea on how our kitchen pendant light will look like.

You choices look fantastic Twy...
RegVic
You choices look fantastic Twy...

Cheers Reg! You must be close to moving in. Exciting times ahead!

We picked up our bathroom tiles yesterday except for the floor tiles as they didn't have enough on the same batch and we didn't want them to come from 2 different batches.

Ensuite tiles

Main bathroom tiles
What is the ETA for floor tiles Twy?

Can't wait for pics...
RegVic
What is the ETA for floor tiles Twy?

Can't wait for pics...

Will be another week or two wait Reg.

First coat of our home theatre walls. Looks dark. Haha! Love it though. We have our black seats, hoping to get glass display case with black trims. We have floor speakers that are some sort of beech colour on the side with black face. We are looking to get the same beech colour for the entertainment unit. We will see what works.

We're hoping to get 2 of these in 1200 for our display case. Had a look when we went to Melbourne and they only had it in silver. Also, the bulbs to be replaced with strip led lighting.

Looks nice... where you bought the seats from?
RegVic
Looks nice... where you bought the seats from?

Thanks Reg. We got the seats all the way from Canada in a place called Elite Home Theater Seating a while back when the Aussie dollar was still doing well. http://www.elitehometheaterseating.com

Is it like an Aubergine colour? It's looking so good

Marshall5858
Is it like an Aubergine colour? It's looking so good

You are right Marshall, it is an Auburgine (though it says "Dumbledore" on the Solver colour chart) or eggplant colour Lol! Hombre is putting in the final coat today so will see the final colour after.
It's a beautiful colour

More pics of our home theatre.
the colour even more now.

The rest of the house will be the iced violet which I was a bit worried would turn out too blue. But it actually is very neutral and even more so in the photo. Oh well, we had our boldness fix in the HT.

WOW loving EVERYTHING.! Your home is going to be awesome ❤️

TomCat
WOW loving EVERYTHING.! Your home is going to be awesome ❤️

Cheers TC! Hoping they all come together. Would love to see more new photos of your Cali.

We are about to put a deposit for our kitchen and laundry. Will be about 6-8 week wait. I will get my raised washer and dryer and pull-out tray under each. Yay!

For the meantime, Hombre still is trying to finish the painting so we can get the second fix electrical done. We have also got our waterproof and floor tiles for the bathrooms and laundry which Hombre will do after his painting.
So we can get the second fix plumbing afterwards.

Just some more photos of the painting
This is the colour in most of the house. Iced violet. Loving it! It is a cool colour I reckon (ie cool to the eyes). We decided to do a 3rd coat for this colour so Hombre is yet to do that.

The iced violet beside white colour

We picked another colour called "July Sky" for the office, bathrooms and laundry. We thought this colour will match better with our floor tiles and (for the office) with the feature brick wall/fan.

Laundry:

Main bathroom:

Office/Study

Bathroom/Laundry floor tiles

Waterproof

We took out one of our dining chairs to see how it looks like against our wall. In real life, the wall looks a little bit more blue-y gray colour, still subtle but you can see the blue tinge. Hard to capture in photo.

Our kitchen/laundry guy will come up on Monday to do measurements.

We also bought our Bosch washer, dryer and dishwasher today from Harvey Norman.

Washer

Dryer

Dishwasher

Nice choices Twy...
This will be our kitchen colours without the black. We saw this at a Scott Salisbury display in Blackwood here in SA and I fell in love with the colours. The little sample grey piece that we got a while back actually almost is a match for the cabinetry. I'd really like to have that stone colour, we will see if we can find something similar from our kitchen people.

The stone colour.

Very nice

Related
You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum