Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

OB tradie recommendations Melbourne

Page 3 of 4
Hi Guys,
i highly recommend ultimate demolition, they are very easy to deal with and not expensive, they are based in dandenong.
for concrete and slabs around south east suburb p&j guzzo are very helpful and have been afround for ever.
im looking for a roof tiler around the south east suburbs if any one knows a good one

cheers,
Quote:
We haven't done our slab yet but this guy is going to do it, he was highly recommended to me by a builder i know who recently built his own house and this guy did his slab and by all reports he was very good. I have been impressed so far with the dealings i have had and his price was right on the money. Does both waffle and conventional.

Sherritt Concreting, Darren - 0415 563 801

Briliant. Both the chippy and the brickie said the best slab they have worked on. Highly recommend this guy.
New owner builder here in Knox.

Can anyone recommend someone in the East of Melbourne for the following (that hasn't been mentioned here already):
- cut the land
- drainage plumber
- slab

I've contacted Darren recommended above and waiting for a quote for a slab.

p&j guzzo are based in the peninsula and won't work in Wantirna

I'll also need, in due course
- plumber
- tiler
- carpenter
- bricky
- electrician
- basically everyone except for cabinet maker and tiler.

A few of the recommended tradies and suppliers are based in the West or North, so I doubt they will want to travel to Knox.
You know this thread is old when you're referring to your now husband as fiancee and have a 2year old!

Ive updated with a couple more recommendations. I would also love to put anti recommendations that made our build a nightmare, but I know better
Building surveyor - Google KZB building in Mentone
on our recent build our

You need to have these trades reliable and they were good to deal with and very honest.
Hi!

I just used these electricians http://www.rsquared.com.au/ to help with the home automation at my house (south east suburbs)

They did some really great stuff!
Hey everyone, old thread but it's a really helpful one and would love to see it continue!

Thought I'd through in my 2 cents and mention 2 businesses I recommend from my area without hesitation. The first is Joyce Building.. if you're renovating in the South Eastern 'burbs (or anywhere really) they're the way to go. Website: http://www.joycepainting.com.au/

Secondly, I've used David White Plumbing for years and have found them to be very affordable: http://www.yellowpages.com.au/vic/paken ... sting.html

Thanks guys, hope that helps!
LaraLee
on our recent build our

plumber/drainer; 0421695786

You need to have these trades reliable and they were good to deal with and very honest.

LaraLee- do you have a name for your plumber? I'm in Banyule area looking to talk through the ridiculously over-engineered site drainage plans I have with a good plumber.

Cheers
Bam, can I make shameless plug for my own service and I hope this is not contrary to forums rules. One part of my business is doing stage inspections on new home builds, normally it is the client getting me to monitor the volume builders work. So, at say frame stage, I do an inspection and check the quality and completness of the work and how it meets the regulations. It occurs to me that OB could also benefit from a staged check up?
You already have Marcus! lol but I'll be happy to recommend you from what I know of you.

I would be happy to use your services if I didn't have an competent carpenter who took pride in his work.

I really enjoyed reading your blog- the 180(?) day house.

As an owner builder I can relate to your incident of the damaged toilet flush button in terms of tradies who don't think and the time/cost to repair what started out as trivial matters.

I also appreciate your referral for your/my stair case builder.

Also I'm sure a vast majority of your work as inspector comes through word of mouth as your website, being very politically correct, could be very very much improved!

Are you still building for customers?

JB1, no, I finally had what alcoholics refer to as a moment of clarity, and have ceased doing contract construction work! I now concentrate my many years of experience on my work as a Building Consultant. Thanks for the remarks about my blog, buildinginyourblood.
Good on you, though I'm sure there is some parts of physically building that you miss, as you said it's in your blood.

Quote:
Good on you, though I'm sure there is some parts of physically building that you miss, as you said it's in your blood.

It's not the building in your blood that I miss, more like the splinters in your fingers, arthritis in your hands and a crook back which made me have my " moment of clarity" as BFL so eloquently puts it twelve years ago.
Drawing plans is so much easier on the body.

Stewie
Excellent thread. Appreciate the contacts.

I don't have any recommendations as yet but will post later in the year once some progress has been made with my house
I'd also appreciate any tiler recommendations who work (or are prepared to work) in Melbourne CBD.
Hi guys,
This is a great thread. Thankfully I stumbled across it. I find the search engine on HomeOne to be a bit flaky, to be honest. OK, I'm just beginning my build, so all I can recommend is an engineer (didn't like my draftsman - everything was too hard for him):
StructuralWorks in Balwyn - super friendly guys, and they bend over backwards to help you out and clarify your ideas - Archie is the boss, Nadir did my drainage, and Veng is doing the structural - well, they're still doing it, and despite me being a pedant, are super enthusiastic about their work.
I'll give Sherritt Concreting a call - he sounds like a gun.
Thanks for your help!
Oh, and my land surveyor was surprisingly good! Brian Watson Surveying in Carnegie/MalvernEast. Super responsive ladies on the phone, chasing up council and organising documents for my subdivision, and Brian (the boss) is good to talk to, and gives great advice - I think he's been doing this job for a while!

Was the cheapest quote that I got, but surprisingly good. No qualms whatsoever.
JB1
You already have Marcus! lol but I'll be happy to recommend you from what I know of you.

I would be happy to use your services if I didn't have an competent carpenter who took pride in his work.

I really enjoyed reading your blog- the 180(?) day house.

As an owner builder I can relate to your incident of the damaged toilet flush button in terms of tradies who don't think and the time/cost to repair what started out as trivial matters.

I also appreciate your referral for your/my stair case builder.

Also I'm sure a vast majority of your work as inspector comes through word of mouth as your website, being very politically correct, could be very very much improved!

Are you still building for customers?

JB1 who was your stair case builder?
Does anyone know any plumber that can do hydronic heating installation? I am tempted to source my own hydronic panels and looking for someone to do the installation only.

Thank you
Related
7/03/2024
Tradie charges to fix his mistake

Renovation + Home Improvement

Unless there were unforeseeable issues with the site, I dont think you should have to pay for contractors errors or poor planning. I'd probably try and be reasonable and…

6/07/2023
CUSTOM BUILDER RECOMMENDATIONS WESTERN MELBOURNE

Building A New House

Hello, we can help you please get in contact 0421019219 thank you

21/05/2024
Landscaping recommendations in Melbourne for New Build

Landscape & Garden Design

Yes, I was happy with the work, bar a few small things. Overall, communication could have been better though. However, I found them reliable and did good work at a…

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum