Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

My new house at Fern Tree, Tasmania

Page 17 of 19
I've been busy and not keeping up with this forum for a while but your thread was one of the reasons I thought I must take a look again. Such a beautiful home. Well done!
Do you a blog/webpage? id love to see even more photos of your home
LeanneR
Do you a blog/webpage? id love to see even more photos of your home

I don't, but I'm working on getting some professional shots done -- just need to finish off the shelving for the built-in bookcases
Im sure so many people would love to feature your house. Its a beauty... amazing!
Your house is amazing . that wood frame thing . did it have a mirror in it with some opening doors .I have a similar one . the whole house is so different
Your house is magnificent. One of the most interesting and beautiful I've seen in a long time. I love the colour scheme you've chosen and please don't ever post your address because I will probably steal your bath!

Congratulations.
strawlizzy
...please don't ever post your address because I will probably steal your bath!

Hah! I just posted on your thread, Lizzy. Glad you like my place -- took me quite a bit of time getting the "look" right (but definitely worth the time spent). Buy that book I mentioned pronto!

Melsie, that antique window didn't come with a mirror, but I have seen some that do. I use it as the quick access point to the laundry basket -- just a bit of folly really.
Wow, I've just caught up on your latest pics! Stunning!! It looks like a resort. You must be so chuffed, especially having done it all yourself.
Have you seen this?

http://bendigowaldorf.blogspot.com.au/2 ... story.html
strawlizzy
Your house is magnificent. One of the most interesting and beautiful I've seen in a long time. I love the colour scheme you've chosen and please don't ever post your address because I will probably steal your bath!

Congratulations.

I wouldn't steal the bath... I'd move in!
The house received a lovely write up in today's TasWeekend Magazine:

http://hobartdesign.com/clients/Hobart-Design-TasWeekend.jpg
Wow that's great and well deserved
Great write up, congrats!

Via Tapatalk.
viewtopic.php?t=72683
A couple more photos from the article...

Great article on a great job. Well done!
How satisfying to have finally finished.
Im nearly speechless. I want to say how much I love your home, but words are failing me.
Oh my god. Thanks for sharing, and well done.
Holy sh!t what a house! I just read through your thread absolutely amazing you must be so proud of what you achieved....ah mah zing!!!!!
Thank you so much everyone -- I love it!
Paving the way

So now it's time to get on with the landscaping. I've cleared the land below the house of weeds and branches, and it's looking quite nice; next step is paving the front courtyard. I've spent the last month cleaning about a thousand old red bricks (ughh) ready to lay. More photos once it's done...

Paved!

The paving is done! Looks the goods...

And just in time for... the first snowfall of the year!

Related
4/08/2023
Tree Identification Mackay

General Discussion

Hello. I just bought a few acres in Habana, Mackay, and my horses seem to love hanging around under this tree. I would like to name the paddock after this tree. Can…

7/01/2024
What tree is this?

General Discussion

Fellow Perth dweller. Looks like pruns nigra. It's a dark leaf flowering plum. Doesn't get massive and is easily trimmed deciduous tree. Very popular in small gardens in Perth

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum