Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

OB Project - "New vs Old" - Nedlands, WA

Page 15 of 30
Holy that's a lot to get done in a few weeks... Good luck

Yeah slightly optimistic

Maybe you can use air tasker

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=75739&p=1299716#p1299716
Started the kids wardrobes. I had built the opening to 20mm wider and 10mm higher than the ikea dimensions to allow me to fit them in. That way I will place a 10mm packer on each side and create a negative detail. Should look good once it's done.
The wife and I spent most of yesterday putting cabinets together. They fit nicely though I still have to level them up etc before fixing into the wall. The cabinets are a washed oak laminate matched with Matt white front doors.
Here is my daughters room. She gets the bigger one.

It looks great.. Your daughter will love having all that storage

Time for some risky tiles.
These tiles are 1.6mm brass and they are not coated so they age with a greenish patina. You either love them of hate them. They will only be used in our ensuite.

Meanwhile our kitchen bulkhead is taking shape. I'll hopefully install the rangehood by end of next week just before the kitchen starts.

Wow those brass tiles are incredible.... Cannot wait to see them!
The bulkhead looks great! Well worth the energy. And looking forward to seeing those tiles go up!

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
My ensuite tiling has started. Our tiles here are also the same 600x600 used in the kids bathroom however I have had some of them cut to 600x150 to be laid in a herringbone pattern on the main wall. FYI it costs about $14 per l/m cut.
This should provide some interest as you walk in the room. My tiler has been very accommodating of my never ending requests.

I will be using the brass tiles as a splash back above the vanity and also in the shower shelf recess.

kasra nedlands
Today was another crazy packed day onsite. My trades were causing chaos with street parking - I was secretly loving it!

My tilers started waterproofing over the screed and my tiles arrived. All 200m2 of it!
They will officially start tiling on Monday.

Also my external blind systems were finished off and tested. They are going to be great. They have both wind and sun sensors and infinite programming options.

My bricklayer also made a small recess into our front limestone wall so I can move our electrical meter box, gas and water to the one location. He also pointed the old limestone wall.

Great build.

I may have missed it but where/who supplied the external blind system?

I would them for my western windows.

Hi JB1.
Yes, they would excellent for western windows. We have two types of external shades. Our northern is a Vental external Venetian system and our western are Maxim rack arm Louvres. Both systems use Somfy motors / remotes. They are from sunshade systems WA. Owners are Jonathan and Toby. I can PM you contact details if you need.

Finally got our next delivery of steel doors. These are for our master bedroom. First coat of paint done. Only 3 more to go.

Loving these steel doors, it's going to look amazing on your ensuite... I take it you will have glass inserts in them...

Yes the process of going with steel doors is a lengthy one. Firstly they take forever to make. Then they need to be painted 5 times. 1x zinc primer, 2x epoxy paint and finally 2x finishing coats which in my case is mica paint. I'm definitely regretting doing all the painting my self.
Oh and..... Then after all that they get installed during which they normally get damaged and you paint again.

Once installed the glass goes in.

Ensuite tiling progress:
I'm really happy with how our feature wall has turned out.

Our ensuite will be finished this week and our concrete polishers start on Monday.

Home stretch......

Wow love the tiles! Can't believe your tiler cut those up for you! He must be very meticulous!
Is you move in date still end of August?
Mine has moved so slowly I think it's like the first week of October,
We're will missing the stone to benches, further tiling of pantry and 2 bathroom niche, balustrade installation, painting! Final electrical fitting, and final toilet shower fittings. So much to do still! ☹️

Your tiles are
I love how unique your home is.. It has its own style to it which is refreshing and something to appreciate. I really can't wait to see the wet areas finished

Building4my3tots
Wow love the tiles! Can't believe your tiler cut those up for you! He must be very meticulous!
Is you move in date still end of August?
Mine has moved so slowly I think it's like the first week of October,
We're will missing the stone to benches, further tiling of pantry and 2 bathroom niche, balustrade installation, painting! Final electrical fitting, and final toilet shower fittings. So much to do still! ☹️

We are moving in on the 24th of September. That date is locked in and it won't move. We also still have so much to do. I've taken next week off work to try to catch up.
I've been checking up on your build too. You just need a couple of productive weeks from your trades and your there.

hrvat_ica
Your tiles are
I love how unique your home is.. It has its own style to it which is refreshing and something to appreciate. I really can't wait to see the wet areas finished

Thank-you.
How are you guys progressing? Rain can't be helping. Did you get the farm?

Love love loooove! Send your tiler my way!

C U S T O M. C O R A L. B R O N T E. 43
http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=79581
Related
22/06/2023
7 Steps - For a successful building project

Renovation + Home Improvement

Following these simple steps will help you mitigate unwanted costs, have your expectations met and give…

15/01/2024
Project builder - value for money

General Discussion

As a tradesmen get a private inspector although I don't think there worth it in their profession themselves the reminder they serve to the tradesmen doing the work is…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum