Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

Modernising an Old Girl - We won a Heritage Award!

Page 13 of 13
Looks awesome Bundy!
Love the Jarrah and White and stainless steel color combo in the kitchen - we did the same for our house

good work, all the hard work has easily paid off and more!

edit: is your freezer from UK as well? Does it have a built in ice maker, if so did you do anything special to make the cords it came with attach properly to the water inlet? I had a HARD time, and ended up giving up. Just using ice cube trays atm
unfunkable
edit: is your freezer from UK as well? Does it have a built in ice maker, if so did you do anything special to make the cords it came with attach properly to the water inlet? I had a HARD time, and ended up giving up. Just using ice cube trays atm

Hi Mate, Yes all the appliances inc Freezer came from the UK. I didnt go an Icemaker as they all took up a huge amount of space in the freezer so preferred to be able to use all that extra room rather than just have ice.

So sorry cant help you on that one, but I'm sure your local plumbing store would have something that would work.
congrats rob awesome quality you should be extremely proud its an amazing high quality home well done
Unfunkable , they are just standard plumbing fittings. You may need to do a bit of soldering to connect things up though. Personally, I'd get a plumber in .15 mins work and all done.

Stewie
Well its been a long time since I've posted about our house on here, being we have finished 18 months ago and just have been enjoying living in the house - but I have some nice news to share.

Our house was entered into our Local Heritage Awards. These are awards to recognise work taken to preserve and enhance the Built Landscape. Its run by City of Stirling in conjunction with the State heritage Office. As part of the process I had to submit a background on the house, it's history and the subsequent renovation project. (That turned into a small thesis as I found out all sorts of interesting info on the original builder and the first family that lived here - but that's another story)

Anyway we made the list of Finalists and Last night there was a Presentation Ceremony and "Our Old Girl" came up Trumps.

We took out the top Award for the night being for -

"Conservation of the Built Environment and Streetscape"

as well as the Overall Award for all conservation categories

"The Barrie Barker Special Recognition Award"

So I reckon not bad for a little old OB'er up against a bunch of professionals.
That's fantastic news and well deserved!!! You did a grand job ....
Congratulations - well deserved!
Congratulations!
Great work
docker_rob
Well its been a long time since I've posted about our house on here, being we have finished 18 months ago and just have been enjoying living in the house - but I have some nice news to share.

Our house was entered into our Local Heritage Awards. These are awards to recognise work taken to preserve and enhance the Built Landscape. Its run by City of Stirling in conjunction with the State heritage Office. As part of the process I had to submit a background on the house, it's history and the subsequent renovation project. (That turned into a small thesis as I found out all sorts of interesting info on the original builder and the first family that lived here - but that's another story)

Anyway we made the list of Finalists and Last night there was a Presentation Ceremony and "Our Old Girl" came up Trumps.

We took out the top Award for the night being for -

"Conservation of the Built Environment and Streetscape"

as well as the Overall Award for all conservation categories

"The Barrie Barker Special Recognition Award"

So I reckon not bad for a little old OB'er up against a bunch of professionals.

Huge congratulations - you've done a fantastic job
AWESOME! Well deserved too.
Wow, I have just read through this whole thread. Your reno/build is just incredible. And done as O/B jut makes it that bit more special. I am in awe of what you've done. I hope you are enjoying living in your home.
Comgratulations!
It;s been a long long time since I've been on here, (I have to go back and read it all one day!) But I wanted to add this for prosperities sake.

I just today came across this photo of our house from April 1933! So 89 years ago not long after the house was built.

and today. will hopefully be around for another 89 years....
Hi Rob.
I drive past your place every now and then. I've moved not that far from you. Good to see your still enjoying it.
I enjoyed having a look through when you were building and following your posts.
How great to find the original photo. I think the roofline is more balanced now than when it was built, so I think you did it a favour. Hope you are enjoying it as I was another who followed your thread too.
Related
1/06/2023
Restoring old sliding windos

Windows & Doors

Thanks Chippy,I do have one that I levered out. I'll try to find a brand name on the windows then do some searching. Here is a photo where you can see how worn they are.

26/06/2023
Restoration of old cupboard

General Discussion

Hi I bought an old cupboard that is in desperate need of some TLC. I was seeking some advice as to the best product to use to give it an oil but also bring it to life a…

17/08/2023
26 year old Colorbond roof. Repaint or replace?

Renovation + Home Improvement

Your house roof does not show rusting other than some surface rust on the flashings. In my opinion you dont need to replace or paint the roof other than treat surface rust…

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum