Join Login
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum

My experience buying windows in China

Page 11 of 12
It certainly sounds like you have had a rough time with your renovation. Who was supervising the works and what was there level of experience in the building industry.
Unfortunately many people just go with the cheapest quotes hoping to save some money (a bit like buying things from China) but end up paying in the long run.
Without a doubt there are some rubbish tradies out there and unfortunately because of the current trade shortage many fly by night people will have a crack, being attracted by the "easy money".
Unfortunately it's pretty typical if boom times. In quiet times it's only the best tradies who keep getting work, in boom times people get desperate to find someone to just do the job.
Yours is a good warning that anyone building now really needs to check on tradies references, ask around your friends for recommendations and unfortunately be prepared to wait for good tradespeople. I know I'm booked for at least 2-3 months. Plenty of people are prepared to wait but if you are in a hurry people grab anyone who can do the job.
Your building experiences in the last year are not a fair judgement of the entire Australian building industry.
Double post
$150k for front / back on a 900sqm isn’t exactly cheap and no and contrary to popular belief did not go with the cheapest quote. Yes, checked references and online reviews and still ended up with a string of dud tradesmen.

My only saviour was a recent British handyman who quietly and diligently managed to rectify some of the crap left behind by the others.

I actually find dealing with the Chinese a refreshing change from the local crap who feel as though they are entitled. At least the Chinese are punctual, respond to any queries on time and understand customer service. The locals here….well I just gave up….way too hard in many cases. The “she’ll be right” rubbish attitude doesn’t fly here anymore. Quite frankly, we should just stick to mining crap out of the ground a little bit of farming and leave the rest to others.

chippy
It certainly sounds like you have had a rough time with your renovation. Who was supervising the works and what was there level of experience in the building industry.
Unfortunately many people just go with the cheapest quotes hoping to save some money (a bit like buying things from China) but end up paying in the long run.
Without a doubt there are some rubbish tradies out there and unfortunately because of the current trade shortage many fly by night people will have a crack, being attracted by the "easy money".
Unfortunately it's pretty typical if boom times. In quiet times it's only the best tradies who keep getting work, in boom times people get desperate to find someone to just do the job.
Yours is a good warning that anyone building now really needs to check on tradies references, ask around your friends for recommendations and unfortunately be prepared to wait for good tradespeople. I know I'm booked for at least 2-3 months. Plenty oof people are prepared to wait but if you are in a hurry people grab anyone who can do the job.
Your building experiences in the last year are not a fair judgement of the entire Australian building industry.
Hello - there's alot of good feedback on the company called Superhouse here. Is this their official website?

https://www.isuperhouse.com/
afpo23
Hello - there's alot of good feedback on the company called Superhouse here. Is this their official website?

Do not buy from Superhouse, if you need to know more then PM me.
I have read many forum posts, and have not seen a single negative comment from anyone who has bought from Superhouse. Has anyone on this forum(except "ECOECO") had a bad experience with them?

I have been in contact with them for quite a while, and got heaps of info and very good quotes. I will need windows/doors for 1 house and 2 granny flats around end of the year, and hope to buy from them, and have it shipped in a 20" container. The one thing I have noticed though, is the price of a container from CN to AU has gone through the roof. I will also get local quotes, and might still buy local if I can get good a prices. But, the local quotes I got up till now were super expensive.
I get suspicious when a whole troop turns up with nothing but praise for an offshore company. What do I mean nothing but praise... well just look at the posts of each of these folk - always in "My experience buying windows in China" always dropping in links, names and contacts. But they talk about nothing else and they post only on this forum.

Actually I'm not suspicious, I know.

They are all the same... have a laugh

Hey mate,

Let me know if you decide to go ahead with your purchase. I’ve had them installed for 1.5 years now and get nothing but praise from guests who come over.

Sometimes you just need to do what’s best for you and your home. So ultimately it’s your choice alone.

Built like a tank….No regrets thus far

djhosken
I have read many forum posts, and have not seen a single negative comment from anyone who has bought from Superhouse. Has anyone on this forum(except afpo23) had a bad experience with them?

I have been in contact with them for quite a while, and got heaps of info and very good quotes. I will need windows/doors for 1 house and 2 granny flats around end of the year, and hope to buy from them, and have it shipped in a 20" container. The one thing I have noticed though, is the price of a container from CN to AU has gone through the roof. I will also get local quotes, and might still buy local if I can get good a prices. But, the local quotes I got up till now were super expensive.
Yes "ECOECO", your are genius mate, you got me(all of us)..... Everyone who has ever posted on this forum, but you, are actually employees of SuperHouse.....
Yes, all my posts are in this thread, because I am interested in buying doors and windows from the companies mentioned here. You say "Actually I'm not suspicious, I know."....well obviously you are someone who jumps to conclusions without any evidence, and is SURE he is right. But, you are wrong. This false assurance(....I know....) basically nullifies any other opinion or view you might have.

You have made your opinion well know, but you are not contributing with any useful information on this forum.... I would be very interested to know if there are any real issues with SuperHouse, that is why I asked. Your replies provide no relevant information, and just pollute this forum.
Btw, I decided to proceed back then based on feedback on this forum alone.

vakman
Hey mate,

Let me know if you decide to go ahead with your purchase. I’ve had them installed for 1.5 years now and get nothing but praise from guests who come over.

Sometimes you just need to do what’s best for you and your home. So ultimately it’s your choice alone.

djhosken
I have read many forum posts, and have not seen a single negative comment from anyone who has bought from Superhouse. Has anyone on this forum(except afpo23) had a bad experience with them?

vakman
Hey mate,

djhosken

Thanks for the reply. We are in North West Sydney. It would be great to have a look at some of the window. I think I remember from previous posts you are also located in NW Sydney(Blacktown)? Would it be possible having a look at your windows & door some time?
Cool. I’m in Castle Hill.

Feel free to contact me via the private messenger and I’ll share my mobile number

djhosken
vakman
Hey mate,

djhosken

Thanks for the reply. We are in North West Sydney. It would be great to have a look at some of the window. I think I remember from previous posts you are also located in NW Sydney(Blacktown)? Would it be possible having a look at your windows & door some time?
Wow, we are in Castle Hill too....
I will send you a PM. I am sure this will be too much of a coincidence for "ECOECO", and he will now to 200% sure we are all fake posters....

All the same in the same forum... unusual? No!!! And not one comment about any otehr company - even in China... come on if it walks like a duck...
Hi mate "ECOECO", you must not have a lot of work at the moment looking at all your detailed replies and conspiracy theories you are uncovering. Strange, all other tradies are currently flat our and booked for weeks.....wonder why....ha ha....
Good on ya m8, have a nice weekend(assuming you work during the week).
I don’t appreciate you bringing me into this.

I have nothing else of interest to report on hence the focus on windows to help / inform others of my experience on this forum. If that’s not good enough for you then take a hike.

If you take a careful look on this particular forum you will notice posts for cabinets, skylights and door handles all from China.

Btw, my offer for potential people looking for something different and to physically inspect my windows is open to anyone here.

ECOECO

All the same in the same forum... unusual? No!!! And not one comment about any otehr company - even in China... come on if it walks like a duck...
Mel13
I think yy construction seem good as well, I have seen their quality windows in a few builds and it’s good if u ask for the right finishes

YY was good two years ago as they had good and professional sales person and project managers to avoid mistakes for clients,but now all the old staff had left them because of short of money in paying wages affected by COVID-19 and borrowed money from bank in building their big new factory.YY ruinned a relationship with Morris Property Group and made MPG losing more than two million of dollars...
ECOECO
afpo23

Do not buy from Superhouse, if you need to know more then PM me.

Unfortunately I didn't get any response from ECOECO from a website enquiry a few weeks back. Not even an acknowledgement.

With regard to Superhouse, as with any overseas supplier I see some considerable risk purchasing from overseas by end client. They have no local representation here. I have heard personal experiences of others purchasing windows from overseas that ended up not fitting.
I apologise if you did not receive a reply to your enquiry through the website. We happen to be rebuilding our website at this time.

Please post your query here or PM me on Homeone.

Thanks
Ed

ed @ ecoeco .com. au
Related
20/03/2024
Experience with HBCF insurance claim process NSW

Building A New House

I apologise for any confusion, but your understanding is correct. We approached our situation differently based on advice from…

20/05/2024
Any experience with Dwelcom

General Discussion

Hey Mate, I faced the same issue that you are facing. My builder left my house incomplete after going through liquidation. In…

12/05/2024
First Avenue Homes Experience

General Discussion

So it seems like they just take on a lot of projects to get the cashflow for their own builds. COULDN'T AGREE MORE

You are here
Building ForumOwner Builder Forum
Home
Pros
Forum