Join Login
Building ForumEco Living

Solar Panels- Which inverter

Page 1 of 1
Hi All

We are finalising our solar system details and deciding which solar inverter to pick. I will have panels on different orientations and therefore need an inverter with 2 inputs. Cost is a factor. The choice is a Delta or SMA inverter or potentially a Fronius inverter if the panels can be rearranged to allow a single input only into the inverter.

I feel I may have to find the extra money and buy the SMA inverter. Any feedback on the above mentioned inverters are welcome.

Thanks
My recommendation is SMA inverters. They are commercial quality. I have used them on large solar systems.
We have 2 SMA inverters which have been faultless. My vote goes to them.
We've picked SMA
I'm not too good with the solar lingo but we had the option of delta but it would mean having to have 2 inverters as we split our panels as well. This was for a 5kw system. Instead of having 2 x 2.5 deltas we ended up with a 5kw growatt
A mate of mine used to run a solar company and he recommended SMA inverters for my new build.

When ringing around getting quotes this was confirmed by a few different providers.
Out of your selections, definately SMA is the way to go.

On our new system we're going for the Kaco inverters, which can be controlled by a Selectronics SP-Pro, which will allow us to go hybrid, then eventually offgrid.
so what are you still choose? please describe your choice and what you argued
We selected the SMA. Still yet to install the system. Waiting on the new roof to be installed.
SMA is the way to go. If you think you'll want to add panels later make sure you get an inverter that's a larger than what you need for your system.

SMA. Are a well recognised. Good brand. Haven't heard of the other but haven't been looking the last few years. We have SMA. And are very happy.

Related
22/01/2024
Installing laminate panels on concrete ceiling

General Discussion

Hello - we were hoping to apply laminate click lock panels to our concrete ceiling, but not too sure how to go about attaching the panels to the concrete. Any idea what…

18/03/2024
DIY Decorative Wall Panels

Interior Decorating Lounge

Hey everyone, Jumping on the forum to see if anyone…

1/05/2024
Plasterboard (13mm) vs VJ Panels

Building A New House

Plasterboard (13mm) vs VJ Panels – for…

You are here
Building ForumEco Living
Home
Pros
Forum