Join Login
Building ForumEco Living

Ozzi Kleen systems

Page 1 of 1
We are building a new house on 17 acres, I've just started looking at greywater treatment systems.... Has anyone installed a Ozzi Kleen system in Victoria? Or any suggestions on a good system as I'm not sure which to look into further.
Hi

I think they are all much the same. I ended up using an enconocyle after asking for a recommendation here from someone who is in my area. Hopefully someone in Vic can help you out, Although enconocycle should have a local representative - they are pretty popular

Paul
Thanks Paul, I'll have a look
On 17acres I would just use a standard septic with a sand filter and distribution bed. Easy to install, generally only has one pump (subject to the lie of your land) and that pump only runs when there's liquid to distribute.

A fair number of the aerobic systems have 2 pumps and an aerator. They can be noisy as the aerator can run 12-24 hours a day depending on the brand and with 3 motors, use considerably more power. I believe that most aerobic systems also require quarterly inspections.

Anyway...something to consider

Regards

RiH
Thats a really good point!

I was worried about the noise.
Maybe I could have a normal septic and a greywater system for our other water waste....... Or is that not how it works ???

Are there many down falls of installing a greywater system just for normal water waste ?

I really appreciate everyones comments, it helps a lot
We have had both an Ozzi Kleen and Septech (as well as septic tanks). A lot of councils will insist on a treatment plant rather than a septic, check this out first.

Of the 2 systems we had far less trouble with the Ozzi Kleen, we always seemed to have to get the Septech bloke out as the alarm would trigger and we could not turn it off. The only service visit we had for the Ozzi Kleen was when we left the bath running to flush to water main (took nearly 6 hours before the water stopped running red), the water level alarm tripped. The OK was also a lot quieter than the Septech.

Both needed 1/4 inspections.
Related
You are here
Building ForumEco Living
Home
Pros
Forum