Join Login
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation

assistance with pre-wiring

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

My new home is currently being built and will have a dedicated theatre room. I've decided to run my speaker wires/HDMI cable in the walls/ceiling before the plaster goes up. As the room will have acoustic batts all round, I'm just wondering how I go about this? Do I wait until the insulation installers are done and then run my cable, or can I just run my cable now? Just concerned that if I install now, my cables will be in the way, as I will need to drill through the noggins to feed the cable through.

Cheers,
Nuri
Run everything in before insulation goes in. Think of it this way, that's how all the electrical is run so this is really no different.

Yeah I noticed the power had all been run in and was wondering how the acoustic batts get installed with all the cabling in the way. Can I also run a conduit down the wall, or will this interfere with the insulation? Only want to do this for the HDMI cable run from the ceiling cavity to the wall where my cabinet will be, to make it easier to change it out afterwards in case it fails.
Nuri
Yeah I noticed the power had all been run in and was wondering how the acoustic batts get installed with all the cabling in the way. Can I also run a conduit down the wall, or will this interfere with the insulation? Only want to do this for the HDMI cable run from the ceiling cavity to the wall where my cabinet will be, to make it easier to change it out afterwards in case it fails.

I put in an Optic fiber HDMI cable along the ceiling inside a flexible conduit along with a pull rope well before the insulation went in. Since the conduit was only 1/2” wide, it did not seem to cause any interference with the insulation.

Cheers, I ended up running all my cables before insulation went in, except HDMI. I ran 20mm conduit in the wall where the receiver will be, then once the insulation went in i got in the roof and dropped the cable down the conduit and left the other end just sitting on top of the insulation. Plaster went on the next day.
Related
24/06/2023
Recommendation for Assistance on lodging objection

General Discussion

Hi, Appreciate any recommendations for town planners or advisors who can help assist to assess and draft an objection to a neighbour’s development in Northern Beaches.…

19/10/2023
retaining wall assistance

Building A New House

Hey guys, We're very new to building and have got our contract back with a, btw you need a retaining wall, addition. Going by my very limited ability to read site…

18/12/2023
Timber retaining wall degradation assistance

General Discussion

looks ok to me, round logs retaining walls are better than sleeper walls, more even preservative treatment and stronger since they include the whole tree and not just part…

You are here
Building ForumHome Theatre & Automation
Home
Pros
Forum